According to this article, 4WD-system is standard equipment...
1. A new nameplate, the Renegade is Jeeps new compact entry in its lineup, replacing the Compass and the Patriot.
2. A 1.4-liter turbocharged four cylinder engine and a naturally aspirated 2.4-liter four-cylinder will be available in the small crossover.
3. Four-wheel drive setup is standard equipment, while a nine-speed automatic transmission and ‘Active Drive Low’ 4WD-system will be available.
4. A Trailhawk trim level will be available for off-road adventurers which features slightly more ground clearance for rock-crawling.
5. For enhanced fuel economy, the Jeep Renegade will feature a disconnecting rear-axle and a power take-off unit.