Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Check your VIN for Updates for Uconnect 5.0 Renegades (Radio Software Enhancements)

100K views 123 replies 62 participants last post by  JeepCares 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! Checked the uconnect site and was glad to see a new update was released for my Renegade. I'm not sure what all was changed in this update but I feel like the driving is better and my mpg is better as well. The update is 1.3 gigs uncompressed on my flash drive so it had to have some changes. Let's see what we can find out there. https://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/ Here's the site just put in your VIN and it will tell you if your vehicle needs the update or not. Took about 20 minutes for the install. Hopefully it fixes a lot of problems for my fellow Renegades.

#3 ·
Try Internet explorer. I know it's a crappy browser but I had to use it to download my update. Or Microsoft edge for the windows 10 users. But I just got off the phone with uconnect support and they gave me somewhat of a description of the update. When I first asked the support guy didn't even know it was out lol. But it has basically security updates. Not elaboration there for security reasons. And it fixes errors that may pop up. The only real detail he gave is that it fixed the Bluetooth calling where the passenger could not be heard while you were on a phone call. Minor updates I suppose.

#11 · (Edited)
Yes I did but unfortunately nothing!

On a different note: has anyone downloaded the PDF with the instructions?

Edit
This is strange... My download was interrupted, so I went back to the site to start over and now I get a message that there is no update available...
o_O

#14 ·
Uconnect Update: 6.5 RA4 15 21 37 MY15 BU
Release Date: 7/07/2015

I already did this software update a few weeks back and when I checked as you posted it's still giving me the same update. My renny uconnect software settings has 15_21_37 which is current or do you have a new release date that i'm not getting from uconnect website.

Attachments

#18 ·
Hello all,

I just wanted to provide the official software update TSB for those wondering specifically what the update is meant to fix.

TSB 08-062-15 REV. A

SUBJECT:
RA2, RG2 Radio Software Enhancements

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves updating the radio's software.

MODELS:
2015 (BU) Jeep Renegade

NOTE: **This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA AND EMEA.**

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before **August 07, 2015 (MDH 0807XX)** equipped with UConnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT (sales code RA2).

NOTE: **This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before August 23, 2015 (MDH 0823XX) equipped with UConnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT (sales code RG2).**

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may notice that blue tooth communication with the passenger is poor. If a passenger is trying to talk on the blue tooth phone, the caller will have a hard time understanding what the passenger is saying. The caller will not have any difficulty understanding the person in the driver’s seat. **Additionally a false message may be displayed on the radio; Audio & Parking Sensors Not Available. **

#21 ·
I would think that any uconnect update is strictly for the uconnect system. I can't see a user with a usb stick having access to important updates to the transmission or other vehicle computer components. Liability issues for sure plus a ton of other reasons/

#33 ·
Apologies... I received an update for the software controlling the engine and the software controlling the transmission at the same time as a Uconnect 5.0 software upgrade. Three software upgrades in total. Service at dealership were telling me that it was a Uconnect software update and I said the same thing... that I was skeptical that a radio software update would control the transmission. At that point he told me it was actually three separate updates that were in the same software package.

#24 ·
With Chrome, the system doesn't recognize my VIN. With Edge, it gets through the tutorial, but the Akemi Netsession Interface isn't compatible. The direct download link just gives me a blank page. I guess I can try my old Windows 7 box that I use for watching TV.

#28 ·
Still no daytime lights settings though...
:/
Have you tried under Vehicle Setup on your steering wheel? Hit the arrow until you see that option and hit ok - there might be an option for lights.

Well, it depends on what Info Cluster screen you have. If you have the small one (EVIC) the lights options should be under vehicle setup cluster screen.

If you have the larger screen (DID) it would then be found in your uconnect screen.

#27 ·
Hrm... In my case I didn't have a problem with the download, my problem is with the Uconnect system recognizing the thumb drive.

Tried an NTFS format as well as a FAT32 format, neither worked for me.

Key to the Run position, plug in thumb drive to front panel USB port, thumb drive flickers a few times, then nothing... I wonder if the thumb drive is too large for the Uconnect device to recognize it.... I used a 16GB thumb drive... It's the smallest I had available..

#29 ·
Hrm... In my case I didn't have a problem with the download, my problem is with the Uconnect system recognizing the thumb drive.

Tried an NTFS format as well as a FAT32 format, neither worked for me.

Key to the Run position, plug in thumb drive to front panel USB port, thumb drive flickers a few times, then nothing... I wonder if the thumb drive is too large for the Uconnect device to recognize it.... I used a 16GB thumb drive... It's the smallest I had available..

For what it's worth I used a 8 gig with fat 32
NTFS could not be read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#38 ·
My update went without issue, and it was actually easier than the instructions would have you believe. The only glitch I've had with it was it wiped all my AM/FM radio presets. Sirius seems about the same. It even remembered what song I was playing on USB after I put the USB stick back in.

#39 ·
Yesterday I took mine in to get the brakes checked and Uconnect updated. They said there was no update available for Uconnect (even though the website stated there was an updated version for my VIN) but there was an update for a number of systems. I have taken a photo of the invoice of what was updated for anyone that was interested.

Attachments

#40 ·
Thanks for this, I'll use it when to reference when I take mine in. What did they tell you about your brakes? Is your issue the terrible squealing under moderate braking (for which there's an EMEA TSB, but not N. America).

I digress... I was able to update my 5.0 no problems today as well. Biggest issue I had was with the net interface software the website told me to download. It would never download the software. I ended up just downloading the update file "manually" and extracting it to the USB. I too lost my radio presets, but others remained the unchanged (Sirius, equalizer, etc.)

#41 ·
Just started leasing a blue Trailhawk last weekend. Really enjoy over my 13 yo Liberty. Looking forward to the winter package esp. heated steering wheel and seats (and 4WD). Anyway, saw there was an update for the 5.0 Uconnect. Downloaded the 300+GB file directly using Chrome on Linux Mint desktop. Only took a minute or so over FIOS. Tried NTFS formatted 8GB stick. No go - device not recognized. After a couple of attempts tried FAT32 on new 16GB stick and that worked so the instructions are wrong about NTFS. It does take a half minute or so for radio to read the stick and show the update screen. Maybe older sticks are slower and take a little longer. Once it finished and the doors were opened closed a couple times and on/off once or twice, all seemed OK except presets vanished. Put the stick back in to see if it really updated and when the update screen came up, the old and new (on stick) numbers matched so the update definitely took.

Things I've noticed with this latest uconnect: it does seem to find my Android 5.1.1 phone automatically pretty fast now. Older version forced me to connect manually (ie click a couple things on the screen). I tried a voice-activated call HOME, it then found two 'H' items in my contacts. First one was HOME. It asks for the number of the item in the list to call, I said 'ONE', it then proceeded to dial the first number at the top of all my contacts (an 'A..' contact), not the first one of the two 'H..' contacts it identified. Not a useful feature with this bug in it. Bluetooth audio stream seems to experience minor dropouts but not continuously, just randomly. Happens with anything I play so isn't source and never happened in my other car with same phone so I think its the radio or more likely the uconnect software.

#48 ·
Downloaded the 300+GB file directly using Chrome on Linux Mint desktop.
I also did the direct download as I couldn't get the Akamai thing to work. But it's no problem for most to download direct as it's only 300+MB - I wanted to point out that it's one third of a GB and not 300+ GB :) You can find a download link for direct download somewhere on the last page that you get to for downloading.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.