Camber bolts - Page 2 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 1Likes

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
FYI, that's not the only problem with getting your alignment done. My Jeep dealer couldn't do the alignment at all because the computer program they use to determine the settings hasn't been updated to include the Renegade yet. And apparently they all use the same system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Renegade Latitude 1.4T
2015 Fiat 500 Sport - wife's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLShifter View Post
FYI, that's not the only problem with getting your alignment done. My Jeep dealer couldn't do the alignment at all because the computer program they use to determine the settings hasn't been updated to include the Renegade yet. And apparently they all use the same system.

I do my own alignments with the Quick Trick Alignment System
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Does anyone know which camber bolts fit the rear of the renegade?

Sorry I haven't been on the forums in months. Catching up with all the inquiries. I couldn't find anyone selling camber bolts specifically for the Renegade. All the camber bolts are universal. You just have to find the one that fits the size of the stock bolt hole.

I don't know what size or bolt I purchased. I took the Renegade in for an alignment after the lift kit and the shop sourced the camber bolts from what they had on hand. They did the install and adjustment and I don't want to take the camber bolts off the measure them because the alignment is already done.

I did the alignment at Goodyear and bought the camber bolts from them, but paid a lot for them. I didn't want to figure out the size and wait to order them cheaper online, so I just paid a lot more for the ones they had on hand. Call ahead to your local Goodyear and make sure they have the stock alignment specs for the Renegade. It may take them a few days to get the specs from Jeep.

2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
San Jacinto, CA
Bee Canyon -

Old Idylwild Road
Thomas Trail
Black Mountain

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_THawk View Post
Sorry I haven't been on the forums in months. Catching up with all the inquiries. I couldn't find anyone selling camber bolts specifically for the Renegade. All the camber bolts are universal. You just have to find the one that fits the size of the stock bolt hole.

I don't know what size or bolt I purchased. I took the Renegade in for an alignment after the lift kit and the shop sourced the camber bolts from what they had on hand. They did the install and adjustment and I don't want to take the camber bolts off the measure them because the alignment is already done.

I did the alignment at Goodyear and bought the camber bolts from them, but paid a lot for them. I didn't want to figure out the size and wait to order them cheaper online, so I just paid a lot more for the ones they had on hand. Call ahead to your local Goodyear and make sure they have the stock alignment specs for the Renegade. It may take them a few days to get the specs from Jeep.

Thanks

2016 Renegade Sport
2014 Grand Cherokee SRT
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 02:25 PM

First Name: JP
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lightbulb

Got this hardware for my Renny, front and rear camber adjustments: requires two kits/box sets to cover both axles (4 bolts) and their camber gauge for DYI adjustment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0122.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	55361   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0124.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	55369   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0125.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	55377   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0134.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	55385   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0136.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	55393  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0140.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	55401  
Zachtly likes this.

'15 Renegade Limited 4X4 Mojave Sand
2.4L I4 9-SPD A/T
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drifter View Post
I wouldn't say its a problem, the rear negative camber makes the vehicle more stable around turns, I appreciate the factory settings, this jeep handles like a little hatchback and not a top-heavy typical jeep!
oversteer scares passengers

understeer scares DRIVERS.

get rid of the excessive rear camber (especially if it's only FWD)!

what's a guy gotta do to get a 4runner in manual transmission?
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLShifter View Post
i know this is old news, but you can always ask them to use another mac-strut FWD car. alignment specs on most "people hauling" vehicles are all withing .5 degrees (in any direction). there's no caster adjustment on these, i'm guessing, so what's to screw up? get toe (in) close to zero, get camber even front and back, what's the problem?

what's a guy gotta do to get a 4runner in manual transmission?
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel.teq View Post
oversteer scares passengers

understeer scares DRIVERS.

get rid of the excessive rear camber (especially if it's only FWD)!
I'll leave mine alone, and mine is a 4x4. I don't drive this jeep hard enough to experience understeer. I have only experienced oversteer when driving this in the snow/ice.

2016 Renegade Latitude 1.4T, 4x4
2016 Buick Enclave - wife's
2007 Nissan 350z - Track Car

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page