How to turn off "Ship Mode"? - Jeep Renegade Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Babinicz

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Angry How to turn off "Ship Mode"?

We just got from the friendly local dealer the newest Renegade Trailhawk to use over the weekend. Unfortunately he forgot to turn off "ship mode" and I have Renegade without radio, dome lights and many other items available...
On Sunday dealers are close and this will spoil the whole fun...
Is there any way to get rid off this "ship mode" without any diagnostic tools?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Garage
I remembered someone posted about this.
Jeep Renegade Latitude Stalled During Test Drive

You could try it.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Let us know if it works?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

It worked... almost

Quote:
To exit ship mode, put the headlamp switch in the "off" position, put the right turn signal indicator to "on" and then hold the "flash to pass feature" (pulling toward the steering wheel) in position for 10 seconds.

I did try a few times and it didn't work! Then, after 10 seconds I turn ignition on while holding the turn signal switch in the "flash to pass feature" position and ... IT DID WORKED!!!

Thanks guys!
Lackadazikal likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Garage
You may still want to get in touch with that dealer - there is a whole list of things they are supposed to check before delivery and turning off ship mode is top of that list. They may have neglected other safety checks if they missed that one.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningGirl View Post
You may still want to get in touch with that dealer - there is a whole list of things they are supposed to check before delivery and turning off ship mode is top of that list. They may have neglected other safety checks if they missed that one.
I guess they didn´t do nothing except unwrapping it ... clumsy Morons ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningGirl View Post
I know. He just simply pickup one of the new arrivals - actually the only orange (it is my wife's choice - no chance to argue... ) basic Trailhawk. He is trying to convince me to buy one without MySky, but no chance. I will wait...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Anyone know how to do a factory reset on 6.5an system? My Renegade is having issues, I have called Uconnect and used Assist feature 4 times with no help. I asked if they could walk me thru a Reset and the rep would not do it.... I have no Yelp or Uconnect Store access via my system. I also own a 14Jeep Cherokee with 8.4a system and have done a reset on that before. Instruction on how to do that can be found everywhere
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
[QUOTE=1SG Bowden;176225]Anyone know how to do a factory reset on 6.5an system? My Renegade is having issues, I have called Uconnect and used Assist feature 4 times with no help. I asked if they could walk me thru a Reset and the rep would not do it.... I have no Yelp or Uconnect Store access via my system. I also own a 14Jeep Cherokee with 8.4a system and have done a reset on that before. Instruction on how to do that can be found everywhere[/]

For a soft reset you need to hold both radio knobs down at the same time until the screen resets 10-15 seconds and the radio will reboot itself. For hard reset it will need to go to dealer, which I will be doing in a few days. My issue was that everything froze i.e. nav. gps, and assist would not work. then screen came up stating software update needed / system failure. Luckily the soft reboot worked, being is was 1300 miles from home. and that was about a week ago with no further issues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page