Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Did you name your Jeep?

129K views 264 replies 199 participants last post by  CJToy 
#1 ·
My Renegade is the first car I have ever named, well, maybe that's because it's not just a car.. it's a Jeep. :)

Xavier: Born from ashes, raised in Italy, and tattooed with 'X's.

What did you name your Renegade and is there a story behind it?

#2 ·
My Wrangler's name is Damien. Haven't decided on a name for my Renny yet. One option is Damien II The Omen (kind of a play on the movie title) and just call him D2 for short. Henry is another possible one. Maybe even Oliver (as in The Green Arrow - Oliver Queen). Have to wait and see what his personality is like. And yes, cars have personalities... especially Jeeps, LOL!

I'm not a crazy person. Really :laugh:

#5 ·
I was reading an article where the reviewer was quoted as saying that "...the Renegade isn't a 'cute ute'--it's Cherokee's badass little brother." (I'm assuming he meant the original--aka, good--generation of Cherokee, but that's another story). Anyway, after reading the article, the name "Shorty" suddenly worked for me, so I went with it. Partly because of the letters of the license plate, but mostly because it fits the look and personality of the Jeep: small, but tough enough to handle just about anything you throw at it.

This is the first time I've ever named a vehicle. I've had a few sports cars over the years and a Patriot, but somehow, this Renegade seems to have more personality than any of them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#8 ·
Our Rene's name is Bees. And you're gonna ask how this strange name was created!

Our 2-old year son calls all cars BEEP-BEEP! All cars but the Jeeps. He calls them Bees!

When I took our brand new Jeep home, my son got really excited with the car and he even started hugging it!!!
When I told him it is a Jeep, he replied with the word Bees!

Since then he recognises ALL Jeeps! He seperates them from other cars, doesnt show ANY interest about the other brands but when he sees Jeeps, he always shouts "Bees! Bees!"

#10 ·
I named mine Bangalter.... Because he's a Rave machine! and its tribute to my favorite DJ's in the world DAFT PUNK. if you don't know Thomas Bangalter is the silver robot in the duo. I even have his name down the side of the hood like the wrangler does with the Willys ed, or Rubicon. only thing is he is super effected by the software bug in the trany. and Im working on a buy back with my lemon laws because my dealershit is acting like im 14 and I don't know how to drive a car or know anything about this jeep.....

#16 ·
I don't really name my vehicles - the bikes (BMW's) are just "The Bikes", but since I caught so much grief over the Renny being a Feep I just call her "The Feep"
Guess I should get license plate that says FEEP while I'm at it....

#20 · (Edited)
Our black Renegade Limited is named Alpha.

Inspired by this image from the movie Up! We have a golden retriever (like Dug in the movie) and now we have a little black Jeep that is pretty awesome. My Fiancee also names her cars after Disney characters so it was fitting. My MINI is named Yoshi from the Nintendo Mario games.

Attachments

#21 ·
Well I have always named vehicles so now I do not feel so strange. My Rubicon was Mieke for being a "rebellious" Rubicon and spending more time off the paved road then on it. The other half and I have agreed on Mia for the Renegade as well it is really MIA (Missing in Action) not the Italian name for mine... as we still are awaiting it and declared it MIA until it shows up.

#26 · (Edited)
My daughter was sitting in my garage (she is 21) and my Renegade(color is mojave sand) was sitting there. She was looking at it and said " Your car looks like a "Rhino". I was like "what?" and we both laughed. So, I guess my Renny's nick name is "RHINO". My Renny sort of has that "squared off and muscular stance" like a Rhino who crawled out of a mud pit like 2 hrs prior. See pic as well. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.