Remote trunk release? - Jeep Renegade Forum
 46Likes

post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Garage
Remote trunk release?

Anyone have remote trunk release on there regular non remote start/push button key fobs? its weird that jeep did not include it on the regular fobs only unlock/lock and panic though there's a blank for it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
I think you'll find that setup is typical with hatchback cars. The hatch is treated like just another door, and is locked and unlocked with the doors.

Most cars with trunks do not have a manually-operated latch, when the trunk is unlocked with a key or the fob it opens.

I'm a little surprised that a power liftgate isn't offered on the higher trim levels, though. We'll probably see that in the future.

I think that blank on the key fob is probably for remote start, maybe somebody with that option can confirm.

It's also likely that the same fob is shared with other Jeep models, some of which do offer power liftgates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Renegade Latitude 1.4T
2015 Fiat 500 Sport - wife's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- project
post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Push the blank key 2 times fast it'll
Pop the truck !

post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mass84 View Post
Push the blank key 2 times fast it'll
Pop the truck !
The blank buttons on my fob are not real buttons. This does not work.
I have keyless entry and keyless start.

2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk-Anvil
post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 10:51 PM

I have the regular key with out keyless entry and keyless start my key fob shows a black bottom with no picture on it but when pushed it actually works and opens the trunk .
LittleRedJeep likes this.
post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLShifter View Post
I think you'll find that setup is typical with hatchback cars. The hatch is treated like just another door, and is locked and unlocked with the doors.

Most cars with trunks do not have a manually-operated latch, when the trunk is unlocked with a key or the fob it opens.

I'm a little surprised that a power liftgate isn't offered on the higher trim levels, though. We'll probably see that in the future.

I think that blank on the key fob is probably for remote start, maybe somebody with that option can confirm.

It's also likely that the same fob is shared with other Jeep models, some of which do offer power liftgates.
The regular key fob is different from the push button/remote start dongle check out interior options when u build the renegade on jeeps site u can see them both but u cant have one option with out the other though the keyless go fob is the one you will receive if u get the remote start/push button $300 option which all limiteds I have seen have it added as a option on the window sticker which means jeep advertised it but forgot to add it in so instead they added it under options for all the prebuild base model limiteds with noting else

Last edited by sgworldwide; 08-29-2015 at 01:02 AM.
post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
That's weird they couldn't put a picture on the blank button so u know its for the hatch door? also I saw the remote start key ring that one has a pic of the trunk open button next too the remote start one, the push button start and remote fob are supposed to be standard on the limited not a added option just like the hood decal on the trail hawk is suppose to be but it adds $150 to the options and is always there on all the window stickers I looked at on base trail hawks not one with out it and next year there making it standard also if u read the feature page of the limited it says remote start yet I have not seen one window sticker of a base limited with noting else added the keyless dongle $300 option is always added MSRP $28,085 is the number with no other options except the remote start fob looks like that's how there equipping the base limited no option models

Last edited by sgworldwide; 08-29-2015 at 01:09 AM.
post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
The blank buttons on my fob are not real buttons. This does not work.
I have keyless entry and keyless start.
the hatch button is next to the the remote start button that says 2X I'm referring to those who have the regular key you have the push button start dongle check jeeps website build a renegade and click interior accessorize you'll see two dongles the sleeker black rounded one is the $300 option the other one is how the regular standard key looks
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 10:03 AM

The blank bottom is the one that opens the trunk ! Not sure what other keys are out there but this is mine it's from a North edition or latitude in the U.S.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1440856930334.jpg
Views:	6957
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	17026  
LittleRedJeep and sgworldwide like this.
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
I have the Trailhawk with Keyless Start and Keyless Entry.
The attached pic shows the fob from Jeep.com on top and my key on the bottom. No hatch popping for me..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	key.jpg
Views:	6642
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	17034  

2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk-Anvil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page