My Renegade thoughts as I roll many miles - Jeep Renegade Forum
 27Likes

post #1 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
My Renegade thoughts as I roll many miles

On 4/15 I picked my 2016 Renegade TH. It is anvil and I checked every box when I ordered it. It is a buy back replacement for a Cherokee TH that was a lemon sadly. So far I like the vehicle it is nimble and and gets decent mileage. it has a decent amount of interior room for its size. The transmission is exponentially better than the KL trans
Now there are a few things not so great. There is no eyeglass holder, Homelink, power lift gate, and enough interior storage. It would have been nice if they could have had a in the seat storage like the KL. The Beats is audio sucks more than all things that have sucked before. and not worth the cost. Compared to the KL upgrade for even money this thing is a joke. The 2.4 is mostly gutless and some people actually put this engine in a Kl too!
I am hoping to have many of reliability with the Renegade

2015 Cherokee TH (FCA bought back)gone like the wind
2016 Renegade TH is here
2015 Audi SQ5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I think everything you said is fair opinion except that the 2.4L Tigershark is gutless. It's a good engine, the 4x4 renegades are just on the hefty side for the power they provide. Sure, a flat 6 would have been awesome, but the 2.4 provides better gas mileage and a fair amount of power compared to others in it's class.
dgr401 and sciond like this.

2015 Colorado Red Renegade Trailhawk
post #3 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor View Post
I think everything you said is fair opinion except that the 2.4L Tigershark is gutless. It's a good engine, the 4x4 renegades are just on the hefty side for the power they provide. Sure, a flat 6 would have been awesome, but the 2.4 provides better gas mileage and a fair amount of power compared to others in it's class.
maybe I am used to the V6 in the KL...
Mine is just getting broken in but I seem to go deep into the peddle to get on the highway or to make a left turn in traffic

2016 Renegade TH is here
2015 Audi SQ5

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
I'm not sure how nimble and gutless go together. But, if you don't want to push the gas pedal down to far to get her going, get a GoPedal from Madness Autoworks.
Anthony Case and sciond like this.
post #5 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 06:32 PM
Rex

First Name: Ross
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciond View Post
maybe I am used to the V6 in the KL...
Mine is just getting broken in but I seem to go deep into the peddle to get on the highway or to make a left turn in traffic
You and I come from a similar place enginewise. I used to have a v6 charger and dropping down to the tigershark took getting used to. Using the auto-stick is helpful. Times when I'd like more pickup I put it in manual and keep it in a lower gear.
sciond likes this.

post #6 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
You and I come from a similar place enginewise. I used to have a v6 charger and dropping down to the tigershark took getting used to. Using the auto-stick is helpful. Times when I'd like more pickup I put it in manual and keep it in a lower gear.
I didn't find going from my 2013 Charger with V6 to the Renegade needing much getting used to.
sciond likes this.
post #7 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 08:37 PM

First Name: Bryan
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Garage
I think the 2.4 is okay for what it is. The engine in my other car is anything but gutless (nearly 500 stock horsepower). I still enjoy driving the Renegade.

Sure, I wish it had more power, but it is adaquate for regular driving in my opinion.
sciond likes this.

Vehicles:
2015 Renegade Trailhawk - Silver (Glacier Metallic)
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
2014 H-D Road King
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T (traded)
post #8 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 12:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Learn to ride the revs. 2.4 is a good 4 banger with a good power range, just happens to be between 3 and 5k rpms. Also the one thing you shoild have skipped was the beats system. Appears the engineers at chrysler botched the system. Shame bc the idea behind it seems good. Also agree on storage it is laughable, but i have some ideas.
sciond and Tbonz99 like this.

2016 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4 ANVIL aka Jeepetto
post #9 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 05:23 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Totally AGREE with no homelink! I thought that was a standard these days.
The other thing that bothers me is that there isn't any place to hang something from the rearview mirror. Normally I wouldn't care... but my work requires a parking/security tag to be visible in the car. I'm forced to always pull it out and show my parking pass everytime I go to work.

The other thing that is confusing is the options available. I bought the Justice Edition and finding one with ALL OPTIONS was impossible. I wanted cold weather, advanced technology group, safety & security, tow option, and 6.5" NAV screen. Can't find it. Best I could do was cold weather group and 6.5" NAV. Already wish I had the parking assist as I've already damaged my Renegade with just 700 miles on the odometer. Had to spend nearly $1k to fix it cause I can't see the corners of the back end.
sciond and ks-meadowlark like this.
post #10 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
I'm not sure how nimble and gutless go together. But, if you don't want to push the gas pedal down to far to get her going, get a GoPedal from Madness Autoworks.
handling versus acceleration....
ever drive a Miata? they are nimble and slllllloooooowww

2016 Renegade TH is here
2015 Audi SQ5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page