Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Why Jeep Wave is a crock

18K views 48 replies 14 participants last post by  dgr401 
#1 ·
So I had an open case with Jeep Wave, and my own personal guy to talk to on the Beats Audio issue. Back in early June, my consultant calls my work number in the evening and leaves a voicemail. The weekend comes and goes and he calls again to my work number while I'm not there and leaves another voicemail saying he's closing my case since I haven't responded. Meanwhile, he's leaving messages on my work number at my desk. So I get the message when I get into work the next day and call and let him know that he's calling the wrong number and I don't want my case close. Also at this time, I find out that a TSB has been issued on the exact issue I have a case open for. Did he ever mention the TSB? No. I asked for a new person to be assigned to me and my case. I haven't heard from him in almost 2 months. I contacted Jeep Wave again, and they said he was still my case manager and they would leave a message for him to call me. It's been almost 2 weeks since then, I have still not heard from Jeep Wave. I contacted them as I never received my Jeep welcome package, as my original case manager (Quincy) told me to do, and they told me I had to call someone else. I'm about sick of calling one person to be told to call someone else. What is Jeep Wave's purpose, to point me in the direction of who to contact, or to resolve my issues?

Not to mention the last time I was using the online chat feature, I warned them that my computer was about to reboot and if I disconnect, not to be offended. Well, I had a pop up that I had 1 minute before it would reboot and I tried to copy the conversation for my records, but the computer rebooted early. When I got back up and running, I asked for the transcripts, but was told they can't provide them because once I disconnect, it becomes property of FCA.

Sorry. After 2 months of back and forths, I'm about sick of Jeep Wave doing nothing for me except the free oil changes and opening case numbers that sit and never look into resolutions for them. A TSB is out for my case, but you're going to just close the case? So fed up, I can't even bring myself to call Jeep Wave again to get the number to call for the welcome package. I bought my jeep almost 5 months ago. When do I get the welcome, after I've been an owner a year?

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry for the rant. Guess I'm the only one fed up with Jeep Wave run around and them not returning my calls or getting me a different case manager.

#8 ·
I get it that you're p!ssed, I would be with someone giving me the runaround. A simple phone call would be nice, even if there is no devlopment.
Thank you. But my problem is also that jeep wave did call to basically ask if I still had the problem and then closed it when they didn't hear back. I don't really need calls to talk about no progress and even if they do call to tell me that. I certainly don't expect them to close my case just because I didn't call back to tell them it's still an issue.

Meanwhile I checked when I heard the tsb was out for beats audio and it was released before they closed my case. Basically jeep wave called to tell me they had nothing and ask if the problem magically resolved itself. Then closed it. I've asked jeep wave to contact me twice since then. I've asked for a new case manager and I've gotten neither.

#6 ·
I had to have a look at why the Jeep wave is a crock. I honestly thought somebody had been driving their Renegade and waved at other Jeep Owners and didn't get the wave returned or they got the middle finger. Turned out to be something completely different :laugh:

#11 ·
More reasons Jeep/FCA really doesn't care...

So after I finally thought I got a good Jeep Cares person working my case, they've fallen off the map. They call and leave me voicemails, and when I call back within an hour and leave them one, I don't hear from them for days.

My Jeep has been in the dealership now several times over the last 2 months. For at least a month over the past 2. Have they offered me anything? No. How about paying off a month of my car since I haven't had it for over a month to drive? I'll keep paying to have insurance on it though.

I've got a vehicle nearly (if not already) eligible for Lemon Law and their offer: Employee pricing on another vehicle. So I get 3-5% off my next vehicle, but lose over $10,000 (according to Edmunds) on the trade in of a Lemon?

#13 ·
I know. Sorry. This gripe was more about Jeep Wave Customer service than what's going on with my vehicle. Call me an optimist, but I keep waiting to get my actual vehicle back before I go Lemon Law this one last time. Each time I'm about to pull the trigger since it's been at the dealership for 3 weeks now just on this last service engine, something gives me hope to wait just a bit more. Finally they decided to replace the wiring harness, after I told them initially that it could be the problem. Instead they replace the TCM and then the whole transmission!? Sorry, this is about Jeep Wave, I'm getting riled up again.

My complaint in this thread is that Jeep Wave, even after I return their voicemail and leave a message, do not return mine in a timely manner. Not to mention FCA has offered me nothing in the way for the inconvenience that the many trips to the dealership has caused me. I'm torn between loving the Renegade and filing Lemon Law because I feel like they really don't care about the customer. Sure fixing the vehicle is first priority, but the Jeep Wave rep is not working on the vehicle and their job is to try and keep me happy. They had an excuse that they were out of the office last time they didn't return my calls for days, and now it's happening again. Sorry, but I'm sure more than one person works there. Someone should be backing her up if she has to be out for a few days and return her phone calls.

#16 ·
Just thought I'd update everyone (or anyone that cares to read another of my long posts) on my situation and more on my interaction with Jeep Wave. After getting my jeep back on 12/30 after it was at the dealership since 11/29 for a wiring harness replacement, the service engine light came on this morning again. I contacted the dealership yesterday about my 4-ways and seat/steering wheel buttons not working, and was told they are booked up until next week, so I haven't told them about the service engine light again, as this was my last attempt at having them fix it.

I contacted Jeep Wave (Patricia) to let her know it has come on again, and this is where I get frustrated. She answered the phone with a quick and very short: "This is Patricia" No "Hi" or "Hello" or "Thank you for calling Jeep Wave." I thought it was her voicemail, so I waited for a beep for a few seconds until I notice the clacking of typing on a keyboard in the background and we both say something at the same time. She continues to clack away on the keyboard while I tell her who I am and that my service engine light is on again. She asked if I contacted the dealership, I said they are booked up until next week, but that I'm going to contact a lawyer about lemon law. Maybe she's as tired of dealing with me as I am with my Jeep, but all she says is she will step away from the case now. I contacted Jeep first to really give them the opportunity to offer me something before I get a Lawyer involved as they'll have to pay me back and pay the lawyer fees. So thought they'd rather offer a buy back now for a lesser price, and since I'm pretty sure Lemon Law vehicles can't be resold without some stipulations, but instead just a "I'll step away from the case." All the while she continues to type away with no expression of care for me. While I can't be certain, I'm almost positive she wasn't typing anything about my case but was working on other things while she should be concentrating on the customer. I was excited about the Jeep Wave program and the higher customer service I thought it would provide, but after dealing with at least 2 of them, I don't think they are any better than normal customer service.
@JeepCares

#18 ·
Just thought I'd update everyone (or anyone that cares to read another of my long posts) on my situation and more on my interaction with Jeep Wave. After getting my jeep back on 12/30 after it was at the dealership since 11/29 for a wiring harness replacement, the service engine light came on this morning again. I contacted the dealership yesterday about my 4-ways and seat/steering wheel buttons not working, and was told they are booked up until next week, so I haven't told them about the service engine light again, as this was my last attempt at having them fix it.

I contacted Jeep Wave (Patricia) to let her know it has come on again, and this is where I get frustrated. She answered the phone with a quick and very short: "This is Patricia" No "Hi" or "Hello" or "Thank you for calling Jeep Wave." I thought it was her voicemail, so I waited for a beep for a few seconds until I notice the clacking of typing on a keyboard in the background and we both say something at the same time. She continues to clack away on the keyboard while I tell her who I am and that my service engine light is on again. She asked if I contacted the dealership, I said they are booked up until next week, but that I'm going to contact a lawyer about lemon law. Maybe she's as tired of dealing with me as I am with my Jeep, but all she says is she will step away from the case now. I contacted Jeep first to really give them the opportunity to offer me something before I get a Lawyer involved as they'll have to pay me back and pay the lawyer fees. So thought they'd rather offer a buy back now for a lesser price, and since I'm pretty sure Lemon Law vehicles can't be resold without some stipulations, but instead just a "I'll step away from the case." All the while she continues to type away with no expression of care for me. While I can't be certain, I'm almost positive she wasn't typing anything about my case but was working on other things while she should be concentrating on the customer. I was excited about the Jeep Wave program and the higher customer service I thought it would provide, but after dealing with at least 2 of them, I don't think they are any better than normal customer service.
@JeepCares

I would have immediately asked for her supervisor.

#21 ·
The Jeep Cares workers are instructed to stop dealing with you one you are invoking lemon laws. By doing so, you have officially gone above their pay grade and they can do nothing but cause jeep problems by continuing to interact with you.

You are telling them you are taking legal action against them, they are far from the only business that will move on to the talking to the lawyers phase at that point.

#24 ·
But I hadn't yet. I would have expected them to say "Before you do, let me see what we can do for you." Give them a day or so and see what they can offer, not "ok, bye." when I hadn't contacted anyone yet.

Yes, one you invoke the Lemon Law they aren't going to be your friend.
Agreed, but I hadn't yet, see above.

OK I am going to try to help you out with my story. Here is what I did to solve my issues with a Jeep.YMMV. Depending on your state's lemon law your options may be limited as they know the laws very well. I had 2015 Cherokee TH lemon. I was going to lemon law it as it qualified in my state. I decided to call FCA directly and discuss options of an amicable resolution without lawyers. After a brief investigation they offered a buyback option as long as I purchased another FCA product and my Renegade TH was the replacement. They handled everything as well I could have hoped for. It saved me time, aggravation,and money. It kept me in the Jeep family and I would say FCA stood behind their product 100%. As other people said go above Jeep Cares and go right to FCA customer service.
Coincidentally, JUST before I signed off on a lawyer, a local Chrysler rep called me to offer me a similar option. It's far better than I expect I'll get with Lemon Law, but I don't know that I want any other FCA product. I would definitely consider a Wrangler Unlimited, but not nearly as comfortable a ride as the Renegade and I lose many of the nice features I've come to love like auto wipers, heated seats and steering wheel, remote start, keyless entry and start. I can get some back, but it will cost me and I'll have to go up to the higher end wranglers, like a Sahara or Rubicon. The local rep even told me she doesn't know why she wasn't involved earlier on. I'm not crazy about the Jeep Cherokee, and the Grand Cherokee is far more vehicle than I want. The Renegade was about the perfect size and style for me, but I'd like to get away from the 4 banger 9-speed. The Cherokee offers that in a V6 9-speed, but again, not the vehicle I want. So I'm stuck for the moment trying to figure out what FCA vehicle I'll be happy with "settling" for, or taking the Lemon Law and going elsewhere. I do NOT want a FIAT, which also eliminates getting another Renegade. That and I'd like to go away from the Renegade's 9-speed as I mentioned. I'm trying to do all the research I can now on what my real options are.

#27 · (Edited)
"She asked if I contacted the dealership, I said they are booked up until next week, but that I'm going to contact a lawyer about lemon law."

You posted that you said the above. To them this is "invoking" the Lemon Law. Doesn't matter if you have actually filed a Lemon Law suit or not, you said (invoked) the magic words.

I don't know what FCA vehicle I would pick but the Cherokee isn't that bad. Don't forget the new Compass is coming out maybe get one of those. http://blog.caranddriver.com/hey-its-the-new-2017-jeep-compass/

#28 ·
"She asked if I contacted the dealership, I said they are booked up until next week, but that I'm going to contact a lawyer about lemon law."

You posted that you said the above. To them this is "invoking" the Lemon Law. Doesn't matter if you have actually filed a Lemon Law suit or not, you said (invoked) the magic words.

QUOTE]
You're right. And if I were running a business and someone came in and said I'm going to sue you because you sold me a piece of crap, I'd just say "ok, bye."

I called HER, since once again she failed to call me when I got he vehicle back after she had promised they were going to do something about the fact that my vehicle was at the dealership for over a month. But she hadn't. The fact that I called Jeep would mean I hoped they would do something or offer me some recourse for my issues. As I said, "going to" means I hadn't yet and she had the opportunity to offer up a "before you do..."

Reactions: dgr401
#29 ·
Which one of you went and told Patricia to keep working my case? Funny how she was closing it and walking away, but I get a call a few days ago to let me know she's still working my case and will continue to work my case. Thanks, but I'd rather have someone else that actually pretends to care about a customer. Not to mention the prior call with her before she walked away, she was waiting for me to get my vehicle back to see how long the dealership had it and what FCA could do for me. It was there for 30 or 31 days and I've had it back for two weeks and haven't heard anything about it.

I know no one wants to hear about my issues, but I needed to vent.

#33 ·
Thanks @J&JPolangin

However, you seem to be in the minority and frankly I am a bit tired of letting the world know what a POS my Renegade turned out to be. It might not do any good anyway, as I ignored any bad reports when I researched buying a BU because I wanted one and knew more people come to the Internet to complain than those that come to praise a product.

I still do like the comfort, overall ride, and especially the look of the Renegade TH, but in dealing with FCA/Jeep/etc, has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. And I still love Jeeps. Mainly the wrangler, and don't care for the looks of the Cherks, Patriots, and Compass.

A manual is only available in Sport and Latitude I believe, and really prefer the look of the Trailhawk. Sure I could spend more money lifting, replacing bumpers, adding skid plates, etc, but don't want to.

Also, when I try to build one, it wants to force me to add the automatic for the dumbest things. Really, I can't add the popular equipment group with a Manual Tranny (115-Volt Power Outlet, 40/20/40 Rear Seat with Trunk Pass-Thru, A/C Auto Temperature Control with Dual Zone Control, Power 4-Way Driver Lumbar Adjust, Power 8-Way Driver Seat and Manual 4-Way Pass Seat, Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror) What option in there requires an automatic transmission??? These are the some of the things that frustrate me. I try building a Wrangler and to add heated seats (a $500 option) I also have to add the Alpine speaker system (a $1000 option).

So while I would certainly recommend anyone to give a Renegade a go, as I do like it, my experience has turned me away from it personally. That and the additional research on how bad FIAT is at producing reliable vehicles. Sorry, I should be more optimistic and say how good they are at producing lemons.

Reactions: J&JPolangin
#35 ·
Crafty,

I don't like seeing people getting F'd with which is why I'm interested in your case (and Shadow's)!

Yes, the manual is available in Latitude; I would have gotten a Latitude 1.4T/6M with cold weather package via USAA pricing for $20,730 - didn't want the mySky roof.

On my Frontier, I bought the lower trim model (SV vs. the P4x) because I knew if I got the modding bug I would replace most of the "factory" stock "heavy" duty parts anyway (as far as the off roading went; the few creature comforts I lost like the added adjustable seats were only a minor concern for my needs because the SV seats felt good and supportive during my test drive and I knew if needed I could get Wet Okale custom covers with a lumbar option later down the road.

All in, I saved about $4,800 on the lower model which will go towards better parts in the future.

The nice thing about the Frontier is configured with the manual transmission, all the VTP options were included (so I got the rear sonar, the rear camera, 6 speaker sound system, auto dimming rear view mirror, spray in bed liner with utili-track system, dual climate control, etc...a $1,990 option package on an automatic transmission vehicle).

I wished it had heated side mirrors but there's plenty of info on the web of how to do that and auto headlights yourself which I may or may not do in the future.

I really hope they make this right for you!

#34 ·
Crafty,

I understand your pain. Unfortunately every make and model has its problem vehicles - whether its from a careless worker on the line or bad hardware. Sometimes I feel like Companies don't really understand customer service.

In response to some of your posts I sent this to JeepCares:

Hi,

Just as a proviso, I have 2 FCA products and really like them both-best vehicles I have owned.

My first question is regarding some of the board posts here. Business policies being what they are, I would think that FCA would understand the value of good word of mouth versus leaving bad tastes in people's mouths.

I have mentioned this to FCA Corp before and I am going to suggest it to you. For each FCA brand, the company should setup a troubleshooter with the ability and power to resolve issues without going through the "official channels" to resolve a problem case before it explodes into PR problem. Granted I understand that most cases would need to go through the regular channels, but a repeat case like Crafty should have never been allowed to go on that long. That is just bad publicity that costs FCA business. And the words "Lemon Law" should never get a chance to be brought up.

So you end up with 1% dud rate give or take of a yearly production run - replace the vehicles and write off the duds as a cost of doing business. Every good resolution means more sales for FCA and priceless word of mouth advertising of the excellent customer service.

My second question has to do with dealers. Does FCA have a program to deal with Bad Dealers? In my experience, a bad or unresponsive dealer can kill your ability to sell cars. I have been lucky so far but the Jeep Boards as well as the Chrysler boards are full of horror stories of bad dealers. Having a few excellent dealers that always deliver is better than having hundreds who suck.

Thanks for listening!

Edain

#36 ·
My first question is regarding some of the board posts here. Business policies being what they are, I would think that FCA would understand the value of good word of mouth versus leaving bad tastes in people's mouths.

I have mentioned this to FCA Corp before and I am going to suggest it to you. For each FCA brand, the company should setup a troubleshooter with the ability and power to resolve issues without going through the "official channels" to resolve a problem case before it explodes into PR problem. Granted I understand that most cases would need to go through the regular channels, but a repeat case like Crafty should have never been allowed to go on that long. That is just bad publicity that costs FCA business. And the words "Lemon Law" should never get a chance to be brought up.
They have a system set up where can you open a star case and get help specifically for your vehicle.

#37 ·
I just thought I'd update everyone on the hilarity that is my life.

As mentioned, a local Chrysler rep contacted me before I officially filed for Lemon Law. The rep said they should have been brought in earlier, but was not. So I worked with them a little while and they gave me a couple options. 1 sounded great, but later when I brought it back up, they claimed they never said that was part of the deal. Of course, I don't have anything in writing nor recorded the phone conversation, so it's only my word against theirs. There's still a deal that's somewhat better than Lemon Law, so I've been workign towards that, and waiting and waiting to hear from someone. They said 5-7 working days until I'd hear from someone and they took all 5.

A 3rd part arbitrator left me a voicemail last week on a Thursday. I call them back within the hour and have to leave them a voicemail. I try calling twice more that day but got no one. Come Tuesday, no word, so I call the local rep again, and they put a note in to call me. Wednesday night at 7PM the arbitrator calls my work phone and leaves a voicemail. Why my work number at work at 7PM? They also send me an email saying they are trying to reach me. I don't see the email until 9PM, I respond that I have no messages or missed calls from them. I get to work the next day and find the voicemail. I call them, leave them another voicemail and emailed them. Of course they call me again when I'm in a meeting and left me another voicemail. I called 30 minutes later and left them another voicemail. Tried again and left another voicemail about an hour later, and tried to call again later that day, as well as a few emails. I know it's not their fault I wasn't able to pick up the times they did call my work phone during work hours, but they are horrible at returning any calls in a timely manner or picking up their own phone. I realize their job probably keeps them on the phone most of the day though, but to take up to 6 days to return a call is horrible. And this is who FCA has hired to do the arbitration?

I call today and leave a voicemail, I reply to their email as well. A couple hours later I try calling them again but now the phone number is going to some completely different company. I try to reply to their email from a few days ago to see what's going on, and I get a bounce back saying the email isn't valid!!?

I tried calling and emailing the local rep hours ago to see what's going on and no answer yet.

This is just a continuation of the sh!tstorm I've been dealt with this vehicle, and why I will continue to tell everyone and anyone that will listen to why they should never buy an FCA vehicle. They should just be glad I've kept my ranting to one website so far. My Service engine has required me to pull over and restart my vehicle on the way to work 3 times this week.

#39 ·
It hasn't ended there yet. Friday at 5:30PM my time, I get another email from a different person at the company and they basically point the finger at me saying that since they haven't been able to contact me, they are going to close my case if they don't hear back within 10 days. Meanwhile I've left them several voicemails and emailed (before the number mysteriously went to another company and emails bounced) after they had tried to reach me.

Now, I don't check my personal email all the often and I didn't see it until around 11:30 PM, so I call that guy and leave him a voicemail basically saying I've been trying to contact them but the number goes to another company now and emails are getting bounced back. I expect I'll hear from them today, but with my luck, won't be at my desk when they call.

#40 ·
Back to the point of this thread. Jeep Wave customer service is pretty much worthless. Not only did multiple representative fail me by closing cases when they didn't hear from me over a weekend and a voicemail left on my work phone in addition to there being a TSB on the very issue and not even mention it, not escalate my case to a higher power like the local representatives when a problem wasn't fixed, not return my calls in a timely manner, say they are going to call and not call, say they are going to offer me something for my troubles once I get the vehicle back, but then not call me or offer me anything once I got the vehicle back, etc, etc.

I'd only recommend Jeep Wave at first, then start contacting FCA directly as soon as the issue isn't resolved the first time. It's really sad with all the issues I've had with this "Fiat" that they are not more empathetic to customers. My thoughts on Customer Service is they are to show concern AND try to assist in resolving the issue satisfactorily. They are not the mechanic or technician that are going to actually solve the problem, but should be there to help calm us, not make it more frustrating.

#41 ·
Over 11 months from taking delivery of my Renegade TH and in the process of a buy back and I get my Jeep Wave Welcome package and card in the mail 2 days ago.

LMFAO!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.