Would you buy it again? - Jeep Renegade Forum
 19Likes

post #1 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Would you buy it again?

Whats up everyone! hopefully this isn't a long post lol
So lately I've been thinking of getting a renegade, I currently have a 370z and honestly I hate it. I bought it at 19, and Its a great car no doubt but as I get older (now 25) Ive grown a passion for long road trips, camping, photography, Im also trying to become a firefighter and will eventually have to carry my boots and some gear. I think overall something thats a bit more practical and although the trunk space isn't great its better than mine. I also don't have kids, just my gf so I took an interest in the little jeep because I don't need a rubicon. Just something to save me some gas while I get on some trails to camp out, fish, daily driver and groceries.

I was thinking of the 4x4 limited? MAYBE the trailhawk but i suppose id have to get a killer deal for that one. I'm hoping to get 17k for my car.

If you had to do it over, would you buy yours again? or different trim?
just wondering how you guys would recommend it for me, will be test driving one today. thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Yes I would, I love my Trail Hawk.
Ted Compton likes this.

2016 Omaha Orange Trail Hawk
post #3 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
It depends on what you do or what your planning to do with the vehicle. Most find the transmission of the Renegade quirky so test drive it a few times before you decide on the Renegade, its not fast off the line and seems to hunt for the right gear at times. Its not a wrangler so any trail more then moderate may get you in trouble. Most say there is not enough room to pack for camping trips and the like. Not sure what all they are taking but there have been complaints about that. There is wind noise from the front windows due to the square shape of the thing so make sure you can live with it. I have had my Trailhawk for over a year and really like it. If I had to do over I would still buy a Renegade Trailhawk the only option I would have gotten a second time would be the tow package. But I can add that later if needed.
Ted Compton likes this.

post #4 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
No.
post #5 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 06:15 PM

First Name: John
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yes, I'd still get one and I'd still get my trim (Latitude 1.4, 6 speed, 4x4) though I would probably go for the nicer radio.
I have the Uconnect 5.0 which is fine for what it is, kind of leaves me wanting more.
Jawbox likes this.
post #6 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I appreciate all the responses, again, I'm so used to my 370z that just about anything has more cargo space than that thing haha. Its just so impractical i can't deal with it as a daily driver anymore. As to what id use it for, honestly 90% city/freeway driving.. 1-3 real long road trips/camping trips through the year with some fishing in-between on some moderate trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cktad View Post
Yes I would, I love my Trail Hawk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzel View Post
It depends on what you do or what your planning to do with the vehicle. Most find the transmission of the Renegade quirky so test drive it a few times before you decide on the Renegade, its not fast off the line and seems to hunt for the right gear at times. Its not a wrangler so any trail more then moderate may get you in trouble. Most say there is not enough room to pack for camping trips and the like. Not sure what all they are taking but there have been complaints about that. There is wind noise from the front windows due to the square shape of the thing so make sure you can live with it. I have had my Trailhawk for over a year and really like it. If I had to do over I would still buy a Renegade Trailhawk the only option I would have gotten a second time would be the tow package. But I can add that later if needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diljo View Post
Yes, I'd still get one and I'd still get my trim (Latitude 1.4, 6 speed, 4x4) though I would probably go for the nicer radio.
I have the Uconnect 5.0 which is fine for what it is, kind of leaves me wanting more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH4x4 View Post
No.
post #7 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 06:57 PM
JFS

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
I would do it exactly the same all over again.

For $19k, I expected a sh!tbox and instead got a blessing. Part attitude/part luck.

Jon
2015 white Sport manual, Air and Power packages, added OEM snowflakes and roof rails.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
In a quick second, we love ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #9 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
yes for sure. I had some problems at the start but love my limited.
post #10 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 08:12 PM

First Name: Dennis
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Definitely yes, but would probably go with a Trailhawk.

2015 Renegade Latitude - Sierra Blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page