Jeep Renegade Forum banner

One Year with the Renegade

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Panzerkampfwagen 
#1 ·
So I'm coming up on 1 year with the Renegade (actually in 2 weeks it'll be a year) and figured I'd let you know how it went.

For starters I have a 2015 Latitude 4x4, 1.4 manual. I have about 12,500 miles so far. I've had the oil changed twice so far, but outside of that I've not had to visit the dealer for any kind of issue/problem.

I haven't had any kind of problem with getting through the snow, but it's not exactly been a banner year for snow in Michigan this year or last if I recall. I'm getting about 31.5 MPG overall according the menu. I've drove it from Detroit to Orlando last year and had no issues.....basically it's been working like a charm. I did have a minor accident this past year as well. It was a hit an run, but I ended up chasing him down. He got two tickets, one for not yielding the right of way and one for driving with no insurance.

The only thing that I've done to it was adding the rubber cargo cover. I also purchased a spare wheel and tire (though the wheel is the one from the Sport model...but it's a spare so it's a non-issue for me). I also have 2 dash cams, 1 in the front and 1 in the back and I also have a GPS.

It's unexpectedly warm in Detroit today so I was able to wash it, so here are some pictures.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
My renegade had a few minor issues, but I loved it till it's first service.
They did some software updates and it is now a piece of ****.
The fuel consumption dropped from mid 40s to high 20s.
The gear changes are very jerky and it does not even go into top gear any more.
I first reported this 4 months ago and after 4 visits and about a dozen phone calls I am eventually booked in for next week.
If they can get it back to what it was I will love it again, But the dealer and Jeep will always be turds to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.