Spare Tire Questions/Comments/Info THREAD - Jeep Renegade Forum
 41Likes

post #1 of 203 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Post Spare Tire Questions/Comments/Info THREAD

My husband and I just purchased the 2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude.

We are having a heck of a time finding a spare tire for it. We prefer a donut since room is limited but will do a full size if nothing else.

Jeep dealership quoted 815.00 just for the aluminum rim and no tire.

The size is 215/60/17. What are my options?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 203 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 02:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Garage
I've learned from one of the Renegade product planning managers at headquarters that spare tires in particular are on a long back-order from Europe. They are making an effort to ensure that new vehicles are being sent with them included. This won't solve your problem for the short term unfortunately. The Dodge Dart has the same 5x110mm lug bolt pattern as the Renegade. This might be a workable option: have the dealer pull the donut spare from a Dart and test fit it to your Renegade. Even if the outside diameter doesn't match perfect, you will be able to hobble to a tire shop. I'll check with my contacts on the current lead time on spare tire parts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- The video site for everything Renegade. Reviews, How-tos, and real Jeep Adventures. + Ask an owner - Put your questions and curiosities to this Renegade Trailhawk owner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 203 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 03:20 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaston View Post
Jeep dealership quoted 815.00 just for the aluminum rim and no tire.

The size is 215/60/17. What are my options?
Was this a typo or did you actually mean $815? This would be the price of an entire brand new set of rims or tires, much less just a steel rim. This is insane. Go to a local tire shop or order online.
post #4 of 203 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Wheels of these cars should also fit:
Cadillac BLS
Chevrolet HHR
Chevrolet Malibu
Dodge Dart
Pontiac G5
Pontiac G6
Pontiac Solstice
Saab 9-3
Saab 9-5
Saturn Astra
Saturn Aura
Saturn Sky
Tesla Roadster
post #5 of 203 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Full size temporary use spare

Am wondering if the full size temporary use spare comes deflated or inflated & if it is just the same size as a normal tire, but just comes as a black steel wheel. Also wondering if it comes with a tire inflator. And does it come with a jack? I am thinking of going this route and then ordering a normal wheel to match the other 4, get rid of the steel wheel and have a matching "spare" when needed that can go highway speeds. But that would not be possible if I can't fit a normal sized wheel and tire in that trunk space. It might be only big enough for a smaller, deflated temporary use wheel and tire.

Wondering if it looks like this. This is a full size matching tire and wheel for a Trailhawk. As you can see the jack is stowed to the right.

So has anyone bought or seen such a full size temporary use spare? If yes then please post pictures and let everyone know if it comes with a tire inflator and/or a jack. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	4247
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	5354  
post #6 of 203 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 09:21 PM

First Name: Bryan
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Garage
I know in the Challenger world, if you get a spare tire (only a mini-spare is available), you do not get the inflator kit. You only get the jack if you have a spare.

I'm guessing that the Renegade will be similar. Inflator kit, no spare or jack. Spare tire (of any kind), you get a jack but no inflator kit.

Vehicles:
2015 Renegade Trailhawk - Silver (Glacier Metallic)
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
2014 H-D Road King
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T (traded)
post #7 of 203 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 01:41 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Yeah, mine has the full size spare and the jack. Not sure about inflator.
post #8 of 203 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
You can get tire inflaters, aka. air compressor, pretty cheap. Another source, wrecking yards. A lot of cars now days come with inflator kits (Abarth being one of them) and wrecking yard might have them.
post #9 of 203 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
If your vehicle came with a spare tire, then it should be properly inflated. The inflator kit is for cars that don't come with a spare tire. It basically compresses air into the tire along with some kind of goo that seals the leak as an emergency measure until you can properly get it patched.
post #10 of 203 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm!!! View Post

Wondering if it looks like this. This is a full size matching tire and wheel for a Trailhawk. As you can see the jack is stowed to the right.

So has anyone bought or seen such a full size temporary use spare? If yes then please post pictures and let everyone know if it comes with a tire inflator and/or a jack. Thanks.
Yep, I've got a Trailhawk and got the same stuff you did. I'm tempted to get rid of that foam insert so I can use that area to store more stuff. Right now it is holding my cheap 12v inflator that fits in it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page