Tire Help Renegade Sucks In Snow - Jeep Renegade Forum
 4Likes

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Tire Help Renegade Sucks In Snow

I purchased a 2015 Renegade Limited in December. The dealership put new kumho crugen tires on. It slips and slides like a champ. I have taken it back in and they say everything is A OK. They looked at the alignment and software upgrades. I'm not sure if it's the tire or what. It feels like your driving in quick sand all of the time when there is snow.

I think new tires might help but I'm not sure. Anyone else have issue?

I have the 225/55 R18 tires on now. Im realizing that these tires don't have a lot of options. I would love to have faith I'n my renegade but it's not looking like that.

Anyone have thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
How deep was the snow? We have the same tires and they were great in snow up to 13".
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Factory 18" Kumho Crugen on my 2015 Latitude. Best snow driving vehicle ever owned.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newadventurer View Post
How deep was the snow? We have the same tires and they were great in snow up to 13".
It doesn't matter how much of how little the snow is. What tire pressure are you running your tires at? I was going to check the pressure when I get home tonight.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
We are running the same psi as factory, nothing special. We didn't even put it in snow mode most of the time.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 02:44 PM

First Name: J
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
I have the garbage stock wheels and just drove through the Nor'Easter here in MA. No problems going anywhere. Most of my commute home was with 4-5 inches of snow on the highways, and at least a foot on some on/off ramps. Just locked the 4x4, put it in sand mode, completely disabled the ESC, and away I went. Definitely going to upgrade the tires at some point. May do a summer/winter swap out when the stock shoes finally go.

The TurboToaster
2016 Renegade Sport 4x4 1.4T Manual
Madness MAXpower ECM
Madness MAXfire Ignition Coil Packs
GFB DV+
Magnaflow 2.5" cat-back exhaust (no resonator) with 4" round muffler
LED lights where possible
DIY short ram intake with K&N Filter
DIY oil catch can
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Tire Help Renegade Sucks In Snow

There was much debate not long ago on the Renegade FB page about how the Trailhawk being as they claim a "Trail Rated" vehicle with its badge of honor.. had general all-seasons tires on it and not All-Terrain as the vehicle implies. It should also be duly noted that to the best of my knowledge you can't even get a real AT tire in the TH size. People have stepped up with spacers and a bigger BFG KO AT tire but I'm not interested in that. I just thought it was ironic that they would spec a vehicle with tires designed to do less than what it's manufacture suggests.

That being said in actually extremely happy with the TH Goodyear SRA Wranglers it came with. Last years blizzard was a blast. Also great in the rocky stuff too. It's at least a bit better than any other "all-season" I've had on other vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dgr401, elf883 and Newadventurer like this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Installed a set of 215/65R16 98H Yokohama GEOLANDAR A/T G015 on my 2015 Latitude turbo stick. Rides like a snowmobile now.
BIG improvement over the stock Continentals.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 10:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Have you checked the tire pressure from the factory? Some people were taking delivery with 40 or so psi in the tires. Way over inflated. Anyway check out the Hakkapalita 8's or blizzaks.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 12:32 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
My renegade sucked in the deep snow we had this winter with the stock 18" goodyears. In fact he was so horrible, I thought long and hard about trading it in. I will be putting better tires and a lift on it soon. Hopefully that will help, if not, it will be gone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page