Is there a consensus on max 16" size with 1.25" spacers? - Jeep Renegade Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By ArtVandalet
  • 1 Post By ArtVandalet
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Is there a consensus on max 16" size with 1.25" spacers?

I'm looking into getting some K02s. However, I already have 1.25" spacers. Will 225/60/16 fit? 235? 65?

Thanks!
ArtVandalet is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 12:35 PM
Senior Member
 
txjeeper35's Avatar
 
First Name: Jason
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Austin
Posts: 560
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Best way to go about this:
Search other tire threads
Search what sizes are available for the KO2
Search max height for 16" wheel on the forum

225/75/16 has been done. 235/70/16 could possibly fit as long as you trim pinch weld. **** some wheels offset enough to forgo the pinch weld treatment.

The interwebz is your frand
txjeeper35 is online now  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjeeper35 View Post
Best way to go about this:
Search other tire threads
Search what sizes are available for the KO2
Search max height for 16" wheel on the forum

225/75/16 has been done. 235/70/16 could possibly fit as long as you trim pinch weld. **** some wheels offset enough to forgo the pinch weld treatment.

The interwebz is your frand
Thanks. Did you try searching other threads for this combo? If you find the answer to my question in a thread I didn't post, I'll paypal you $20.
txjeeper35 likes this.
ArtVandalet is online now  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjeeper35 View Post
Best way to go about this:
The interwebz is your frand
Okay, I'll paypal $50 to anyone who can find a definitive answer on this exact combo. And I'll paypal another $50 to the charity of txjeeper35's choice as well just out of spite for him being a snarky little bitch.
txjeeper35 likes this.
ArtVandalet is online now  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 06:07 PM
Senior Member
 
txjeeper35's Avatar
 
First Name: Jason
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Austin
Posts: 560
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
I love to press buttons


I am a tire expert (10 years atm) and Ive seen a few different sizes done on 16s. My memory about tire applications/plus sizing is VERY extensive, AND another forum has many a thread about 16s specifically, but I was hoping you or someone else would find/link it...I will tomorrow if I can remember to

94 YJ
95 ZJ
98 XJ (2wd)
05 WK (2wd)
15 Renegade Trailhawk
txjeeper35 is online now  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 11:43 PM
Senior Member
 
txjeeper35's Avatar
 
First Name: Jason
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Austin
Posts: 560
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
There are literally 284862 threads on tire sizes on a Renegade within this wide wide world of sports out there..

Depending on where/what you read, 16" wheels aren't the best starting point. Spacers are needed but if that's what you're gonna do then neat.

Lots of questions/answers out there, but you really should employ your eyes and read some, as asking will get you limited responses. For example: today I got stuck on a 20min phone call cause the guy asked 101 questions. But he is now better prepared for what michelins he's going to by from us.

I DO NOT promote this other forum whatsoever. I actually frequent THIS better forum a lot more and for a lot longer. More people, more input, more experiences.

https://www.toasterjeep.com/index.ph...e-options.121/
txjeeper35 is online now  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjeeper35 View Post
There are literally 284862 threads on tire sizes on a Renegade within this wide wide world of sports out there..

Depending on where/what you read, 16" wheels aren't the best starting point. Spacers are needed but if that's what you're gonna do then neat.

Lots of questions/answers out there, but you really should employ your eyes and read some, as asking will get you limited responses. For example: today I got stuck on a 20min phone call cause the guy asked 101 questions. But he is now better prepared for what michelins he's going to by from us.

I DO NOT promote this other forum whatsoever. I actually frequent THIS better forum a lot more and for a lot longer. More people, more input, more experiences.

https://www.toasterjeep.com/index.ph...e-options.121/
Great. Now which part of that thread mentions 1.25" spacers? Come on, Mr. Google. Guide me to the light, oh holy IT expert.
ArtVandalet is online now  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 09:46 AM
Senior Member
 
txjeeper35's Avatar
 
First Name: Jason
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Austin
Posts: 560
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Tire expert. Not IT 😀 I also dabble in electronic music and Xbox 🤓


https://toasterjeep.com/index.php?th...-rubbing.1797/
txjeeper35 is online now  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjeeper35 View Post
Tire expert. Not IT 😀 I also dabble in electronic music and Xbox 🤓


https://toasterjeep.com/index.php?th...-rubbing.1797/
Good find! SADLY, that is me, and part of the deal was that it couldn't be a post from me. Furthermore, sadly, the person who replied didn't mention she had a 2" lift in this thread, so her info is null.

Keep trying, though!
ArtVandalet is online now  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 12:17 PM
Senior Member
 
txjeeper35's Avatar
 
First Name: Jason
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Austin
Posts: 560
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Lol damn!
txjeeper35 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1" Wheel Spacers LilWhiteToaster What Did You Do To Your Jeep Renegade Today? 17 03-16-2017 10:23 AM
1.25" Spacers that are in stock now ArtVandalet Wheels, Tires, Brakes 1 03-13-2017 02:20 PM
Wheel Spacers 1" vs. 2" hotdamnyall Wheels, Tires, Brakes 9 02-03-2017 06:19 PM
Daystar Lift, 1" Spacers, Toyo A/T's renegade22 What Did You Do To Your Jeep Renegade Today? 10 09-19-2016 09:39 AM
"Full Size" spare on Limited Model? speedoftime Wheels, Tires, Brakes 2 06-02-2016 05:52 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off