Resetting the Oil Change Required Indicator - Page 2 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 12Likes

post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
The dealership reset the oil message BUT the counter is still counting down to 0. Anyone figure out how to reset that as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
It has to be reset with the witech dealer scan tool, I did mine when I did the lof.
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 09:49 AM

What is a LOF? Thanks for the info

post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Is servicing a car a European only thing?
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 10:59 AM

First Name: Jason
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Lube
Oil
Filter
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Message Center on dash

Not sure if this has been out there yet, I didn't even search for it. However, does anyone know how to re-set the message center on a 2015. I got the message oil change requested, well I got the oil changed at a local gas station and the message is still popping up when I start the Jeep. I read the manual and it said that the dealership would have rest it but since the job was done at a gas station the employee didn't know how to re-set.

So short story long, how do I re-set the message center on my dash to get rid of the oil message?

Thanks
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks it worked great.........
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Per page 208-209 of your Owner's Manual:

Oil Change Reset

Oil Change Due
Your vehicle is equipped with an engine oil change indicator system. The “Oil Change Due” message will display in the DID for five seconds after a single chime has sounded to indicate the next scheduled oil change interval. The engine oil change indicator system is duty cycle based, which means the engine oil change interval may fluctuate, dependent upon your personal driving style.

Unless reset, this message will continue to display each time you turn the ignition is cycled to the ON/RUN position. To reset the oil change indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance), refer to the following procedure.

1. Without pushing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button and cycle the ignition to the ON/RUN position (do not start the engine).

2. Fully depress the accelerator pedal, slowly, three times within 10 seconds.

3. Without pushing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button once to return the ignition to the OFF/LOCK position.

NOTE: If the indicator message illuminates when you start the vehicle, the oil change indicator system did not reset. If necessary, repeat this procedure.
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 09:41 AM

I FINALLY found out from dealership, The mileage counter HAS to be reset with a WY Diagnostic tool, by the dealership OR a Mechanic that has one. My dealership reset mine for free after I bugged them for 3 weeks about it. They HOWEVER set it to 5000 for next oil change. They stated that is the MAX setting they are allowed to set it to, and that IF I DO NOT come to them for next oil change it will cost $40 for them to reset it again. My regular mechanic that does my oil changes doesn't have this tool, but will only charge me $50 for oil change. The counter reached 0 weeks ago, and all it did was tell me to service engine every time I start Jeep, But I am tracking mileage till next oil change because I already had 1000 miles on it from last one when dealership reset it to 5000. I dont think I'm going to worry about it after the next 1.
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 09:43 AM

The steps will reset OIL change message BUT the mileage counter needs to be reset too, I FINALLY found this out from dealership, The mileage counter HAS to be reset with a WY Diagnostic tool, by the dealership OR a Mechanic that has one. My dealership reset mine for free after I bugged them for 3 weeks about it. They HOWEVER set it to 5000 for next oil change. They stated that is the MAX setting they are allowed to set it to, and that IF I DO NOT come to them for next oil change it will cost $40 for them to reset it again. My regular mechanic that does my oil changes doesn't have this tool, but will only charge me $50 for oil change. The counter reached 0 weeks ago, and all it did was tell me to service engine every time I start Jeep, But I am tracking mileage till next oil change because I already had 1000 miles on it from last one when dealership reset it to 5000. I dont think I'm going to worry about it after the next 1.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page