Perform Service Message (SEE POST #27 IN THREAD) - Jeep Renegade Forum

post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Perform Service Message (SEE POST #27 IN THREAD)

When I start my Renegade Limited I get a "Perform Service" message on the cluster display. No check engine light, just the message for a few seconds on screen when starting up. The service countdown says 0 days, 0 miles too.

I brought it to the dealer and they couldn't figure out what was causing it. They did 8 software updates and the car is still displaying the "preform service" message.

It has just under 10k mikes and the oil alert has been reset, so we know that's not it. Disconnecting the battery doesn't fix it either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 864 Post(s)
Ask them if they opened a star case. It is diagnostic system vs. on board computers. This is the meat of what star does for them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I am pretty sure this is just a reminder to do the 10k service. If you rotate tires etc. (I don't) and check air filter... Unlikely to be meaningful at 10k. I never figured out how to reset it, but I got a screw in a tire and when that got repaired at a chevy dealer (Jeep was too busy) they reset it. So it can be done.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
Perform Service Message

I had an oil change done about a week ago (oil change message was showing). I was also getting close to the service interval as well. However, the dealer only did the oil change and reset the oil change indicator. I took Renly back to the dealer today to have the necessary computer updates done and specifically told them that the Perform Service message was on. When I got my Jeep back I didn't check the indicator but I did when I got home and it's still showing "perform service". Does anyone know how I can reset this? There's instructions in the manual to reset the oil change indicator but not the perform service indicator. I really don't want to go back to the gloomy dealership here in my hometown.

Any advice would be appreciated.

BTW.... 9950 miles and trouble-free! Love my Trailhawk!!

2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk-Anvil

Last edited by logan5; 02-22-2016 at 07:14 PM.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Garage
Service Vehicle in 690 miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackadazikal View Post
Thanks for the info!

2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk-Anvil
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I also have this Service message - it has been there for awhile so I took it in and the guys at Adventure Chrysler Jeep in Willoughby had no idea how to clear it and they had no idea what services needed to be performed at 10K miles - IT'S IN THE MANUAL - which I left at home, but you would think a dealer that sold me the vehicle would be able to look this info up... nope!

Adventure service guys are pretty gruff and dismissing - I asked about updates to the PCM, ABS, etc (there should be a couple and maybe as many as 8 updates) - he said NOPE, you are good to go... I find that hard to believe.

Anyone have any feedback about Spitzer Jeep on SOM Center Road in Mayfield? - I'm thinking about going there for service.

I live on the east side of Cleveland, Ohio - if anyone knows of a good Jeep dealer - please let me know!!
THANKS!
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 05:22 AM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
we have just over 7,000 miles and it said 18 days to service on start up.
The dealer did not have a clue and said to bring it back when it hits 0...

Me 07 JKU, CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s org
White Jeep Club Member # 137
To see my mods or Jeep in action go to

Wife
2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4 2.4L
White Jeep Club Member # BU01

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
This is kinda lame that dealers don't seem to know how to reset it...and worse yet that one has to bring it in for resets.

Hard to believe there is no way to reset this oneself.
Can do that for oil changes....so should be same on this.
Mine came up, and now over total....so always perform service message on every startup.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
It's stuff like this that blows my mind.

"Sorry we have no idea why your BRAND NEW car has its service light on...but you're ok, keep driving it!"

Unacceptable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page