Jeep Renegade Forum banner

grill cover

22K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Ben O'Neill 
#1 ·
has anyone considered changing out the front grill cover yet? i have a glacier metallic trailawk and it has the black matte grill but I've seen the silver grill for it, kinda wanting it

#3 ·
I had my silver grill and mirror covers replaced by my dealer before I took delivery and have them for sale on ebay, but I'm in the UK? I am looking for £130 all in original condition and manufactures box but you would need to arrange shipping I can sort out details on weights and dimms if you are interested:)

#6 ·
The grill between the lights aren't opened all the way up. They are only open about 1/3 of the bottom half. I'm sure Jeep has their reason for this. It might provide better air flow than having it opened up all the way. I don't know.

From the looks of it though, the top of the radiator and core support has a upper shroud to direct all the air towards the radiator. So I don't see why they didn't open the grill all the way up.

I'm either going to dremel out these holes in the future or they look like they can be pop off. Each grill looks to be held in by clips. Then replace these with some fully open metal diamond grill or something. To allow some more air through and possible and some lights behind the grill. I don't currently have any torx screw drivers right now to take the upper shroud off to get a closer look.

#8 ·
Since those 2 other post are in the general section, I'll post my findings here. I attempted to start removing it, but when I found out how much I needed to remove I stopped and just took notes on what to remove.

To remove the grill you pretty much have to take off the front bumper. You may be able to do it with the bumper on, but I think it's easier with it off.

On the top side there are x4 T55 torx bolts along the middle of the grill. Then there are x4 push clips. 2 on top of each headlight.

For the next 4 torx bolts you need to remove the headlights. I didn't confirm these torx size because I couldn't get access to them. There is one on the lower outside corner of the headlight and one right under the headlight. On both sides.

The last 3 torx bolts are on the bottom part of the grill. These are the same size as the ones below the headlights. There is one in the center or the grill and 2 between the center of the grill and the headlights. You can reach in the cutouts right under the grill and feel for these 3 torx bolts.

Other than that, there are clips around the grill that might need to be pressed to release the grill out. The inserts for each of the grills looks to be clipped in as well.

My goal was to confirm removal and document it for everyone here, but the job was more of a pain than I thought. And I didn't want to take everything apart and put it back together without doing any actual modifications. I'm planning on changing out the individual grills with fully opened grills.

#17 ·
I'm going to create a new thread for this as I think there are many people that are looking for this...

I have purchased the black grill and mirror cover set for £175. Jeep wanted to charge me £450 for parts and fitment...rip off!

Usually removing a bumper cover and swapping the grill is straight forward and a 1 hour job max....so long as you know what screws to undo!!

I had a first go at it on the weekend but couldn't get them all before I had to get the car back on the road but it looks like you have to pull the wheel arch flares up/back so you can access a couple of screws behind there, not to mention all the torx along the underside and the 6 phillips screws in the two wheel arches...and those shown above...there are a lot!

I have more time this weekend so I will try and document the process.

Reactions: DetGTX
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.