Jeep Renegade Forum - View Single Post - 2016 Beats Audio Disappointment THREAD [Update to fix now available]
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 12:01 PM
jtownpen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I was told when I called jeep, the 2015 "9 speaker upgrade" and the 2016 "beats audio upgrade" are the exact same thing and they are just rebranding it with a new name associated with Beats Audio. Supposed to be exactly the same speakers, radios ,etc. Only thing I have noticed is it seems to me there is an issue with the 2016 power amps either sending the wrong signal to the wrong speakers, or they have changed the speaker crossover frequency point inside the amp and it seems to be causing unbalanced sound issues and volume issues while listening to different mp3 files and different radio stations. Some iTunes mp4's, sound really great and some older mp3's sound very poor. Some XM stations sound really good, and some not so much. These sound issues were not so drastic on the 2015 renegade. Again, given that "IF" they are the exact same systems just branded differently for selling purposes, there is something wrong with the amplifiers. IF anyone is considering not purchasing a renegade for this issue or not spending the money for the 9 speakers, take a mp3 stick along with you and listen to a few different mp3 files of good quality and poor quality and you will understand what to expect. I think the 9 speaker option is totally worth it when it is working correctly.

Search Tags for this Page

jeep renegade forum

renegade forum
2015 jeep renegade forum
2015 renegade forum
2015 jeep renegade