79Likes

post #91 of 112 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 04:41 PM

First Name: Dennis
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfcritter View Post
What brand is the fishing rod holder and where did you purchase?
I just got a reply to an email I sent. Mike is in the process of updating his website and it will be and running shortly.

2015 Renegade Latitude - Sierra Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 112 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Similar on Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamJacobs View Post
Just got them installed. Didn't dip them black because you don't notice the silver with the reflection off the roof but super easy to install and they look great. Ordered a rhino rack xtray large to throw up there too will upload pictures after I get the basket installed.
How it going CamJacobs,

The roof rack look good. I'm convinced about getting the same ones, I just have a question though. I found some very similar on amazon, do you mind taking a quick look to see if they are the same or if they will work?

Thank you, and looking forward to seeing your renegade with the basket installed.
post #93 of 112 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 04:20 PM

Apparently I can't post links yet, but if you search this on Amazon it will be the only result. Thank you.

Auxmart 42" (105 cm) Aluminum 1Pc Roof Rack Cross Bar with Anti-theft Lock System

post #94 of 112 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 04:31 PM

sim

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedJeep View Post
Yup, still working out perfectly. I purchased the 105-111cm
How's it going LittleRedJeep,

I was checking out the roof rack you and a couple other users purchased and I'm convinced on getting some myself. I just saw the following rack on amazon and they look identical to me. Would you mind checking them out to see if they're the same or if they will work for a renegade? I'm not allowed to add links in the forum but searching the following on Amazon will take you straight to them:
Auxmart 42" (105 cm) Aluminum 1Pc Roof Rack Cross Bar with Anti-theft Lock System

Thanks for your time.
post #95 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:34 AM

First Name: Mathew
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just ordered these...can't wait for them to come and i'll post pics when I get them installed hopefully by the end of of the week!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-01-01-13-15-17-1.png
Views:	95
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	55618  

2016 Jeep Renegade 75th Anniversary Mojave Sand 1.4L Manual 4x4

GFB DV+
Hood Decal
Rhino Rack Cross Bars
post #96 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 04:20 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty75th View Post
I just ordered these...can't wait for them to come and i'll post pics when I get them installed hopefully by the end of of the week!
I have a set in my office ready to go on my Renegade.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Trailhawk Omaha Orange
post #97 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
I traveled to my family's home in Buffalo, NY from Raleigh, NC for the holidays. With this trip in mind, I purchased these crossbars:

2X Universal 1100mm Anti-theft Kayak Roof Rack Cross Bars Fit Toyota Highlander

and this carrier:

Car Roof Top Cargo Soft SUV Deluxe Carrier Bag Storage Weather Proof Luggage Van

Both worked out great on the trip. I packed a large rubbermaid-type tub and a cardboard box with presents, placed each in a 30-gallon trash bag, and carried them on the roof. That way I had room inside for my daughter, dog and luggage.

I drove around with the crossbars on for a few weeks beforehand, since I installed them to bring the Christmas tree home and just left them on until after the trip. I could hear a little extra wind noise at highway speeds, but only if I really listened for it was it noticeable. Even with the carrier up top it wasn't really loud, but I did lose about 3-4 mpg.

Overall I was really pleased with the combination of the crossbars and carrier, especially considering the bargain price. I also like being able to fold up the soft-sided carrier and pack it back into the box for storage. Everything held up well and will be used again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161221_090547844 (Medium).jpg
Views:	76
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	56194  

2015 Renegade Latitude 1.4T
2015 Fiat 500 Sport - wife's

- project
post #98 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Recro Garage Crossbars

Just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents here - after reading through the forums and researching all my options for a set of crossbars, I went with the "Recro garage" ones which were like $130 for the pair. Getting a set of yakima or thule is about 3X as much.

I just drove 1500 miles from NY to FL with 3 surfboards on the roof mounted with a yakima supdawg carrier, which I can also highly recommend and had no issues.
post #99 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 03:03 PM

First Name: Steve
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Garage
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Univers...item2a67abe167

these work just fine for 51 bux

2016 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4

post #100 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents here - after reading through the forums and researching all my options for a set of crossbars, i went with the "recro garage" ones which were like $130 for the pair. Getting a set of yakima or thule is about 3x as much.

I just drove 1500 miles from ny to fl with 3 surfboards on the roof mounted with a yakima supdawg carrier, which i can also highly recommend and had no issues.
art vandelay, didn't i see you on seinfeld?????????lolol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page