Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Clarification on windshield sensor.

63K views 95 replies 41 participants last post by  TrailRated43 
#1 ·
Hi guys:

I've had my Renegade for an entire week now and need clarification on a feature.

Long story short, the windshield was cracked on the dealer lot before i even test drove the vehicle. They offered to fix it for free, but they need to order a windshield with the "rain sensor" on it?

Does this sound right? What does it do?

I checked the manual and quickly searched the internet, but must not be looking in the right place.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

#83 ·
Windshield supply

Good luck getting a windshield. I have been trying to get one from a Chrysler dealer for over a month. Even have the "expediting team" on it and that seems to have only made things WORSE! If they cannot supply a simple part like a windshield then I would really re-consider purchasing this vehicle!

#88 ·
I just had the windshield replaced on my 2015 Jeep Renegade Limited. The old and new windshield are equipped with the rain sensor. I had to wait several weeks for the rain sensing windshield as it was on back order. I was not aware that the vehicle had this auto rain sensing capability. I checked the owners manual (no reference) and tried to find it in the u-connect settings. Could not find anything. I have to assume my 2015 Renegade did not get the rest of the rain sensing system installed....

#92 ·
depending on the model and options various sensors are in the box. it would be more hassle to production to delete the box and deal with multiple wind shield part numbers than to keep the same windshield part number and just change the contents of the box based on model and options.

#94 ·
I dont know about the 2015's but my 2016 has rain sensor and i can confirm it as a small circle shaped element attached to the back of the windshield from inside the box in front of rearview. rain sensing wipers are enabled with the windshield wiper stalk on the steering column, i have two rain sensing settings and then a low and high setting - low and high bypass the rain sensor and the first two settings enable rain sensing. when it rains the wipers come on automagically.. when it rains harder, the wipers speed up and when the rain is slow or a drizzle they are intermittent depending on how much spray is on the windshield. if you have rain sensing in your vehicle it would be pretty obvious to validate i think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.