16Likes

post #51 of 81 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 06:28 PM
vBToucan.com Vendor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsig View Post
I got the factory eyelets and put a D ring on them and this is how they look. I just don't have the balls to see what will happen if you have to do a hard pull on the Jeep from them.

Total price I paid was $25.00 per eyelet and $15.00 per D ring.
One issue with the D ring is that its going to bang around on the front bumper when driving. Our mounts mount to more than just the crash bar as is the OEM type. Ours mount to sub frame and the crash bar.

John.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 81 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
The D ring and all come with the kit. nothing to buy. Receivers only are on our web site and the price is in the drop down menu.
www.zl1addons.com
https://zl1addons.com/index.php/shop...awk-kit-detail
he said he paid $25 for eyelet and $15 for d ring, which was why I asked. i believe yours run around $140?

As for the full kit there. Have you tested this out in terms of pulling a renegade? If i were to spend that much money I would like at least video proof of a renegade being pulled from mud/ditch by these.

edit: I am aware that these would hold up much better than just an eyelet and d ring, but I just want the eyelet/d-ring for flat beds and if i had roof mounted something.
post #53 of 81 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisisnapping View Post
do you have a link to the eyelet and d ring you purchased?
No I don't. I just went to my dealer and he looked it up in the computer and ordered them for me.

Me 07 JKU, CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s org
White Jeep Club Member # 137
To see my mods or Jeep in action go to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wife
2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4 2.4L Auto
White Jeep Club Member # BU01

post #54 of 81 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 09:12 PM
vBToucan.com Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisisnapping View Post
he said he paid $25 for eyelet and $15 for d ring, which was why I asked. i believe yours run around $140?

As for the full kit there. Have you tested this out in terms of pulling a renegade? If i were to spend that much money I would like at least video proof of a renegade being pulled from mud/ditch by these.

edit: I am aware that these would hold up much better than just an eyelet and d ring, but I just want the eyelet/d-ring for flat beds and if i had roof mounted something.
No tow hook out there has a video or a test on pulling strength. The OEM does not have a pulling rating also. To my knowledge, the is no strength rating of a tow hook for any car. Testing would destroy the front end of a Renegade. I was asked to make them by many members on here so they could have hooks on both sides.

John.
post #55 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
No tow hook out there has a video or a test on pulling strength. The OEM does not have a pulling rating also. To my knowledge, the is no strength rating of a tow hook for any car. Testing would destroy the front end of a Renegade. I was asked to make them by many members on here so they could have hooks on both sides.
I think he was just asking if you have just attempted to actually pull a Renegade from one of your hooks, not tested it to failure. I am familiar with actual tow loops used on track cars where the sanctioning body requires you to install one. Those tow eyes look just like yours and are rated as strong enough to pull the vehicle off the track. Ones that are just for appearance have to be labeled as such.

-Jason

As long as I have a right arm and a left leg I'll drive a manual.
post #56 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
My post mentioned testing your full $300+ kit. I'm not talking about testing to failure. Just to see if your $300+ kit could be used in the event that you were to get stuck.
post #57 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 09:45 PM
vBToucan.com Vendor

No we have not tested it because we do not have any Renegade that we would want to destroy. Ours are not just for appearance they are made to pull a car or truck from off road or up a hill, dragging the car we do not know the load that would put on the car and no other tow hooks out there can tell you either. Ours were made because we were asked to make them by the members on here so they could tie down from both sides of the SUV.

John.

Last edited by Skylane765; 03-14-2016 at 09:49 PM.
post #58 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 10:08 PM
vBToucan.com Vendor

The receivers are made to be used with the OEM tow hooks also.

John.
post #59 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
No we have not tested it because we do not have any Renegade that we would want to destroy. Ours are not just for appearance they are made to pull a car or truck from off road or up a hill, dragging the car we do not know the load that would put on the car and no other tow hooks out there can tell you either. Ours were made because we were asked to make them by the members on here so they could tie down from both sides of the SUV.
again I am not talking about your over priced tow eye, I am talking about your "tow hawk" package.

You're calling it a "tow hawk" but you haven't actually tested it because you fear that you may ruin your renegade? wow.
post #60 of 81 (permalink) Old 05-08-2016, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Cheap tow from Harbor Freight fo $10.00.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P5071064.JPG
Views:	402
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	41850  

2016 White Limited loaded
2015 Anvil Trailhawk naked - traded

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page