How to replace your front grill or remove the front bumper cover.. - Page 2 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 7Likes

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 05:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arild View Post
I want to replace my silver grill with a black one and I have followed your excellent guide. I have however run into a problem. The painted panel of the front bumper seem to be completely stuck on the front fenders. When I pull there is no noticable movement. When I look down into the fenders from the engine bay, I notice something that looks like some kind of pop rivets and it seems that the bumper is stuck four pop rivets on each fender. Do you remember if your car had these pop rivets ?

See attached picture taken from the engine bay down into the back of the fender where I have marked the pop rivets.
Finally got the front bumper cover off. For others reading this guide, I would like to add that the painted panel which is fastened to the front fenders is held in place not only by the two 7 mm screws on both sides, but also plastic tabs on both sides. One plastic tab holds the painted plastic panel to the fender at the front and one at the back. These needs to be pushed down to release the panel. See attached picture. Be careful when pushing down the tabs, as they can break!

Also, on my March 2015 built European Limited there where four torx T55 bolts on top of the grille (point 1 in Patu's original guide) and five Torx T30 bolts on the underside rear of the bumper cover (point 3 in Patu's original guide). Except for this, Patu's guide was spot on. I would also like to add that if you use patience, a strong finger grip and/or careful use of a set of pliers, you can compress the green/white clips and remove the fender flare without breaking the clips. I had bought 10 new white clips, but only broke two. The green ones are almost unbreakable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plastic tabs.jpg
Views:	811
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	47842  

2015 Jeep Renegade Limited 2.0 diesel 4x4 9AT Low
1968 Saab Sonett V4

Last edited by arild; 08-04-2016 at 05:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 04:57 PM

First Name: Billy Bob
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Patu, I see that with the cover off there are two tunnels for the tow hooks through the bumper, did you happen to look more closely at these to see if there were threaded sockets on both the passenger and drivers side in the support members? Perhaps you have other photographs showing the bumper mounts? Thanks!

US 2016 Renegade Latitude 4x4 2.4L 9 speed black in black Uconnect 5.0/RA2 with cold weather, passive entry, remote start, and 'popular equipment' groups (purchased Nov 2 2016).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page