Cross bars and MySKY - Page 3 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 7Likes

post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjeeper35 View Post
SemperFi, do you have any pictures showing the front power open in relation to the location of front/back bars? Maybe a profile view, and maybe an overhead view like if youre looking at it from the front clip. Please and thank you!
It has been raining here since yesterday, I was able to take a quick pic in my garage, but I cant get back far enough. I can take better pics once it clears up. You can see how far apart my bars are. I am not sure if the powered portion would hit the rear bar if I moved it in front of the rear mounting points, but just eyeballing it I am thinking it would. I have no issues taking off my panels, nor does the power panel have any clearance issues in the front as I have it set up. It would definitely hit if the bar was above the powered portion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawk View Post
So basically as long as you run low-profile crossbars far enough back they will clear the MySky? The rack/basket will just sit farther back on the roof because of this, which isn't a big deal to me.
Kinda, but you will need the bars far enough apart to have no issues. You would need a rack long enough to bridge the bars when one is all the way to the front, and the other all the way to the back. That is why I have a rack with an extension. Any sort of low profile bar in the middle portion of your roof rails would obstruct the powered mysky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 02:09 PM

First Name: Jason
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
[QUOTE=SemperFi;518042]It has been raining here since yesterday, I was able to take a quick pic in my garage, but I cant get back far enough. I can take better pics once it clears up. You can see how far apart my bars are. I am not sure if the powered portion would hit the rear bar if I moved it in front of the rear mounting points, but just eyeballing it I am thinking it would. I have no issues taking off my panels, nor does the power panel have any clearance issues in the front as I have it set up. It would definitely hit if the bar was above the powered portion:

QUOTE]

THANKS!!!

Im sure you did, but did you try a few different positions for the front bar to try to make it work? I may add a basket eventually, but the cross bars for looks/ability to throw **** on my roof...wind noise is roughly the same as if the rails wernt there??

94 YJ
95 ZJ
98 XJ (2wd)
05 WK (2wd)
15 Renegade Trailhawk
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjeeper35 View Post

THANKS!!!

Im sure you did, but did you try a few different positions for the front bar to try to make it work? I may add a basket eventually, but the cross bars for looks/ability to throw **** on my roof...wind noise is roughly the same as if the rails wernt there??
This is actually my second Reny, I sold a Limited and upgraded to a TH w/mysky. I didn't try any other positions with the bars because I already knew where they needed to be due to my previous experience. I already know that the rear one wont be able to go forward because of the fact that it would definitely hit the power panel in the back-most position. If you were able to move the front, it would only be a little. I do not think you could move it enough to where there would by any sort of real difference.

There is a slight increase in wind noise, but it is really not that bad. I have not had any weird whistling or have had any wind buffeting issues. I drove w/both panel removed all day Saturday and have no noise/wind complaints from me or from the family.
txjeeper35 likes this.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
I'm debating whether to get My SKY or not. I have a question for those of you with it... Does MySKY prevent you from using crossbars on the roof rack? Or, if crossbars and MySKY are used together does it make it difficult to remove the MySKY panels? Does anyone have experience with this?
It's interesting that back in 2015 it was difficult to find a Jeep Renegade or Jeep Renegade Trailhawk with My Sky - while in June of 2016 I found it difficult to find a JRT without My Sky ... In the end however, I did buy a JRT with My Sky (powered) and will probably have some difficultly finding suitable crossbars for carrying my kayaks.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
The short answer is "yes".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page