Rear Wiper Blade Replacement - Jeep Renegade Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Rear Wiper Blade Replacement

I've been looking around so when the time comes to replace the rear wiper blade I will know what it is. I've checked Anco, Trico, Bosch, and Michelin; none of these brands list a rear wiper blade replacement. I did see on Ebay someone was selling the whole rear wiper assembly including the blade. Is that how to replace the blade by replacing the whole assembly?

2016 White Limited loaded
2015 Anvil Trailhawk naked - traded

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Id like to know this too for when the time comes. It seems rear wiper blades are tricky. Even with my old Kia Sportage, i could ONLY find a replacement through the dealership. Every auto parts store or car oil/service place told the same thing, "nope, we don't carry those". I can imagine with a brand new model like the Renegade, rear wipers will even be more of a golden egg.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUB View Post
I've been looking around so when the time comes to replace the rear wiper blade I will know what it is. I've checked Anco, Trico, Bosch, and Michelin; none of these brands list a rear wiper blade replacement. I did see on Ebay someone was selling the whole rear wiper assembly including the blade. Is that how to replace the blade by replacing the whole assembly?
In the UK, the Bosch H240 Wiper Blade is available.
It is probably the same part.

Last edited by syzygy; 11-20-2015 at 02:52 PM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Yeah in the us, most any really stubby rear blade just isn't in various veondors' catalogs. I think because some of them use proprietary clips.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Thanks syzygy. I just googled it and looked on Ebay real quick and all I saw were UK and German sites selling the H240 blade. When I have time I will look a little harder. Thanks again.
syzygy likes this.

2016 White Limited loaded
2015 Anvil Trailhawk naked - traded

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUB View Post
I found the same size at Pep Boys but I'm having issues removing the old one. I took off the plastic cover to allow it to bend 90 degrees but couldn't get it to bend. Any suggestions?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Jeep dealer should know, wouldn't one think?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
Here is a video showing exactly how to replace the "snap claw" type rear wiper. It looks like it is a 10", which of course is almost impossible to find outside of Mopar for around $30

https://www.rainx.com/installation-i...uction-content

I'm wondering if an 11" will fit. For $7 I'm going to order this and try for the hell of it. I don't need it yet, so I'll keep it in stock if it works.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ANCO-AR-1...&wl13=&veh=sem

Last edited by nytq; 01-09-2017 at 10:15 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks for that video. Now we need to line up the engineers that came up that design and shoot them.

Last edited by rsanges; 01-09-2017 at 05:47 PM. Reason: typo
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Well, time to replace the rear wiper blade on my 2015 Trail Hawk due to the blade splitting. Checked out the video, looked simple enough. Removing the old wiper assembly has become a major obstacle for me as the wiper bushing has become frozen onto the shaft. Bushing appears to be conical shaped internally producing a tight press fit when snugged down by the retaining nut. Removing the wiper after 2 years, without damaging the shaft or whatever is behind the windshield, is a challenging task. has any one experienced this problem? I am thinking of grinding away enough of the outer plastic base to get a small gear puller jaw under the wiper bushing. At least this method wont place any stress on the shaft directly. Comments are welcome. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page