Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Hanna's 1.4L latitude 4x4 build thread - Latitude with attitude

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  raz-0 
#1 ·
Hello all, I have been on this forum for quite some time now and I have decided to share my adventure so far with my renegade.

I'll start with the details on the jeep;

2015 Jeep Renegade latitude 4x4
Alpine white
1.4L turbo, six speed manual
MySky roof
Cold weather package

Now that the boring details are out of the way, I'll start in chronological order with the changes I have made.

The first thing I decide to upgrade were the factory carpet floor mats that came with the cold weather package. The carpet mats might be ok for summer use, but I am located in the Salt lake city area, so plenty of snow and slush in the winters.

I went with the OEM Mopar Jeep renegade all weather slush mats, and have not missed dealing with the carpet mats. The slush mats do have enough clearance for the clutch pedal for those who have the shift for yourself variety.

The next item on my list was attaching my front license plate, but I was hesitant to drill holes in my brand new front bumper. The solution I came up with was simply using the tow eye mount in the front bumper as a mounting point. I bought a bolt, and a small piece of plate steel and quickly made my own plate mount.

Technology Electronic device Electronics Rectangle Gadget
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper

The next project was adding a hood decal. I previously owned a Jeep JK wrangler mountain edition that came from the factory with a hood decal, and I also currently own a Jeep cherokee trailhawk with a hood decal. (If you can't tell by now, I have a thing for them)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Grille

I will update this thread hopefully next week with one of the best modifications you can do to your jeep, new wheels and tires.

I already have new wheels, and a second set of tpms.

I will be installing oem Jeep cherokee trailhawk wheels, and I'll leave the tire choice a surprise until I can show them off ( I haven't seen anyone on this forum with them yet =)

Here is a shot of the naked wheel mounted with no tire
Land vehicle Tire Alloy wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello all, I have been on this forum for quite some time now and I have decided to share my adventure so far with my renegade.

I'll start with the details on the jeep;

2015 Jeep Renegade latitude 4x4
Alpine white
1.4L turbo, six speed manual
MySky roof
Cold weather package

Now that the boring details are out of the way, I'll start in chronological order with the changes I have made.

The first thing I decide to upgrade were the factory carpet floor mats that came with the cold weather package. The carpet mats might be ok for summer use, but I am located in the Salt lake city area, so plenty of snow and slush in the winters.

I went with the OEM Mopar Jeep renegade all weather slush mats, and have not missed dealing with the carpet mats. The slush mats do have enough clearance for the clutch pedal for those who have the shift for yourself variety.

The next item on my list was attaching my front license plate, but I was hesitant to drill holes in my brand new front bumper. The solution I came up with was simply using the tow eye mount in the front bumper as a mounting point. I bought a bolt, and a small piece of plate steel and quickly made my own plate mount.

View attachment 46578 View attachment 46586 View attachment 46594

The next project was adding a hood decal. I previously owned a Jeep JK wrangler mountain edition that came from the factory with a hood decal, and I also currently own a Jeep cherokee trailhawk with a hood decal. (If you can't tell by now, I have a thing for them)

View attachment 46610

I will update this thread hopefully next week with one of the best modifications you can do to your jeep, new wheels and tires.

I already have new wheels, and a second set of tpms.

I will be installing oem Jeep cherokee trailhawk wheels, and I'll leave the tire choice a surprise until I can show them off ( I haven't seen anyone on this forum with them yet =)

Here is a shot of the naked wheel mounted with no tire
View attachment 46618
Nice, I like the cherokee wheels, and I also added the hood decal to my renegade latitude as well, looks really nice! Curious about the tires also, thank you for trying something other than BFG KO2's! LOL

Reactions: Jeep Jon
#3 ·
I'll be following this thread. Just deposited on a Renegade "North" (I believe that's the same as the Latitude) with the cold weather package--and I'm disappointed to hear the "all weather floor mats" that are part of that package aren't the slush mats you show.

Curious about the whole front bumper thing--here in BC, all vehicles have a front license plate, so I expect my Rene to come with an attachment setup of some sort.

Not going to worry too much about decals, though (well, except for door decals for my business).

#4 ·
My renegade did come with a mount for the front plate, but that would require drilling holes in the bumper skin.

I am excited to try something different than the KO2's as well, I'm not bashing them at all, but I think the option I chose will become very popular for those with 17" wheels.

#5 ·
Of course KO2's are not bad, they are just extremely common, it is fresh to see something else. I plan on adding Toyo Open Country A/T II's to my Renegade in the future, a buddy of mine has them on his GMC and they look really cool and are not loud on the highway. Another cool tire is the new Nitto Ridge Grappler, but they only make those in really big and wide sizes, nothing that would fit a Renegade...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.