Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Removed the muffler left resonator

9K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Trevor Hickok 
#1 ·
I decided to have the muffler removed and leave the resonator and see how it sounded. If I didn't like how it sounded I was planning on getting a Magnaflow later. I actually really like how it sounds. It's not even close to ricey or fart canny. It actually has a surprisingly deep tone. I am really surprised. I honestly didn't expect to like it. I'd post a clip but videos really seem to leave a lot to be desired. There is a very minor amount of drone in 6th gear.

I had the muffler shop run pipe from where the muffler was cut out. Cost me $70.

#4 ·
Nice! What mud flaps are you running? More pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Scott, are you also running weather techs in channel vent shades as well? If so do you have any trouble with the front ones sliding down on the front sides? I installed them on mine and they seem to fall a little in the front especially on the driver side when I have the window cracked and then shut the door. I even repositioned the front clip closer to the front and it still does it.

Attachments

#11 ·
Yes they are also WT. I actually have only had them installed for 2 days. They were a pain to install. Mine seem pretty secure, but I will test and see if it drops like yours. I let it seat 12 hours per the instructions. If I do have the issues we probably should call WT and lodge a complaint. They only review on Amazon for these mentions the same problem.

#14 · (Edited)
If you want to know what it sounds like without both the resonator and muffler, here is my short vid. I had the shop run 2.5" pipe with dual exhaust tips on the end. This isn't for the feint of heart as the engine is loud as hell when floored (almost sounds like a NASCAR LOL) but it gets double takes all the time as it sounds almost like a V8 burbling through parking lots. On the highway, it droned a bit at certain speeds but wasn't too annoying but I dynamatted the rear cargo floor and she's now quite civil. And when this baby backfires, it sounds like a gunshot, LOL. This car's exhaust makes me grin big and just makes it even more fun to drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.