First Name: Steve
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellywhopper View Post
Elfy, very nice light bar, didn't know you added it

thanks i added it about 1 month ago im just to lazy to fix my avatar or profile photo lol i thought i posted pix of it though .. lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxakin View Post
Newbie here, how do you remove the plastic ports? And furthermore can someone circle where it bolts ? Thank you....

use this photo for the clip/retainer locations

if u look in the upper and lower corners u can see where the clip holes are

just to make it easier
dont try to pry the covers from the curved side first ---- pry from the straight side of these it will be easier

post #43 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Appreciate it elf, so far so good!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170104_211118_1484029410464.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	55986  
elf883 likes this.

post #44 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 10:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxakin View Post
Appreciate it elf, so far so good!
good deal !! looks perfect

post #45 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 11:03 PM

Garage
i fixed ur photo it was hard to look at lolol

hope its kewl

post #46 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
OK, I've verified that my 2016 Sport has the block even though I don't have fog lights. So it's interesting that the block has something to do with the signal fog option. I've ordered the 50006K model off of amazon and can't wait to install and update with pictures. My question for folks here is What did you use to cut the slits in the plastic covers so they could go back on and not have a big hole in the bumper? Mine are very flush with the rest of the bumper and very difficult to remove as there is no gap like others have shown in their pictures, and I don't want to damage them in a way that they won't fit back on the bumper properly. Thanks for your time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	400.8 KB
ID:	57034  
post #47 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:12 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyoconnor83 View Post
OK, I've verified that my 2016 Sport has the block even though I don't have fog lights. So it's interesting that the block has something to do with the signal fog option. I've ordered the 50006K model off of amazon and can't wait to install and update with pictures. My question for folks here is What did you use to cut the slits in the plastic covers so they could go back on and not have a big hole in the bumper? Mine are very flush with the rest of the bumper and very difficult to remove as there is no gap like others have shown in their pictures, and I don't want to damage them in a way that they won't fit back on the bumper properly. Thanks for your time.

the bull bar comes with 2 covers u can use to fill one side of the holes but it still leaves gaps on the one side of each of the holes -
if u want u can hold the plastic stock oem cover up in place after the brackets are installed and mark the place where the bracket will sit once the covers are put back on
or measure like i did where it should sit roughly

i used a soldering iron with a knife edge point and just melted out the area i wanted - then went back an cleaned it up with a razor

the stock oem covers are very flush yes - i used those plastic tools that u use to remove clips and panels it popped right out no problem

post #48 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:15 AM

Garage
and if u look at my photos u can count the honeycombs to know where it should roughly be cut

also i didnt cut this one to great thats the reason for the little space left but i can deal with that not an issue

ps on the covers you see it has a straight side and a curved side ?
pry from the flat side first its easier and then the curved side

or remove the front underbumper cover and push it out from the back
i have the bullbar side covers that come with the bar itself - if u want to see them ill post a photo - and if u want them and not cut ur stock plastic i can mail them over
but they only cover the outside/curved part the straight side is left open , thats why i slit the plastics it looks better then the ones provided

Last edited by elf883; 01-30-2017 at 12:19 AM.
post #49 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I ordered the 50006bk bar off of amazon for my 2016 sport with the weird block. It arrived Friday. 50006bk instructions. 50006bk reciept. No hardware. 50011bk brackets.

I pm'd daystar here, and also called and was promised a call back which has yet to happen. For those of you who had to get the bracket swapped, how long did you wait and did anyone else not receive the hardware?
post #50 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 08:18 PM

Garage
i didnt purchase from ebay -- im sure daystar will get in touch with you shortly -- get some photos of what u got in the mail so i can see which parts you got

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page