Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Uconnect software update - 6.5 RA4 16_24_31 MY16 BU NAFTA

10K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  elf883 
#1 ·
Anyone applied the latest Uconnect update to 6.5?

Update 2: UCONNECT® 6.5 RA4 16_24_31 MY16 BU NAFTA
Service Bulletin ID: 08-033-16 REV. C
Release Date: 2016-07-14

Particularly if you have the Beats Premium Audio package, is it my ears/mind playing tricks on me or did you notice a nice (not perfect) improvement on the sound quality?

Does anyone know where I can find what has been updated on this release?

#7 ·
I downloaded and installed the updates today into my 2016 Limited with Beats. I have a Verizon DLS internet service so each update is over 700mb so they each took 2 hours to download and about 10 min to install and it all went pretty smooth. I had a little trouble downloading the second update; after I started to download the update set up a file on my thumb drive and then I got a little message that said "access denied". I tried it a couple of times but I got the same message. A couple of hours later I tried again and it worked ok. There are a total of 11 units that get downloaded and I noticed that one of them was labeled "EQ". I assume that means equalizer. I can't say yet if it made a difference or not. It sounded good to me before and it sounds good to me now.

#10 ·
I have a 2016 TH with beats and did have the amp TSB applied last month.

Checked the for this update and was available. Applied the update and can say a few things are improved.

1. Sound is improved compared to the TSB 08-065-16. Bass seems louder.
2. Radio seems to load a bit quicker from startup.

I do have the red 911 and assist lights more often now though. Been pushing the assist button and then cancel which then turns the lights off.

#14 ·
I've just updated to the 16.05.32 - and I'm pretty sure the sound is better...

I upgraded by downloading from the driveuconnect web-site to an 8Gb USB stick - and all went well - I did note that it was refreshing DAB modules as well - but I haven't seen much difference in that, or any other function - although the dashboard compass seems to be missing more now....

#15 ·
Hi...

Just joined the forum today - I had discovered this forum and the "beats disappointment" thread before getting my 16 (with beats) a couple of weeks ago. Based on what I learned here, I asked the dealer to perform the TSB "fix" before I picked up the car. They told me they did, but I was still pretty disappointed with the sound (not having heard it before the update).

Today, I did the Uconnect update mentioned in this thread, and notice a huge difference. More like what I hoped for when I first picked up the car.

It's still, in my opinion, not as good sounding as I was expecting for a "premium upgrade", but I am much less disappointed after today's update. Now, back to that speaker replacement thread... ;)

#16 ·
Just letting everybody know that this forum is still life saving. Picked up my 16 Renegade with 6.5 nav Saturday morning from a dealer 2 hours away. When I got time to actually play with it, and "try" to jam to some music, it was not loud at all, even in the 30's. So this made a noticeable difference. Still debating if I should go check to see if there is a Beats TSB update as well.

Thanks a lot to everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.