Pricing, can we talk numbers? - Page 3 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 16Likes

post #21 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 05:05 PM

First Name: Darrell
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
I bought mine on September 30th, a Latitude 4x4 with no additional options, and the 1.4L with manual trans. Sticker price for that configuration is $23,295 plus $995 destination charges, for a base sticker of $24,290. After some serious negotiations for about 10 days, I was able to get the dealer down to $20,789, with their discounts and $1500 in Jeep rebates. We then had to add taxes ($1355.72), title ($56.75), license for 2 years ($160), state inspection for 2 years (included with title fee), dealer document fees ($148), and $149 for VIN etching on the windows, and my drive-out price was $22,658.47.

There were deeper discounts on the Sport models, but by the time I would add a few of the options I wanted on a discounted Sport model it would cost more than the Latitude (and the Latitude has more features). I shopped the Renegades hard for a few weeks before I narrowed my focus to the vehicle I ultimately purchased. I contacted about a dozen other dealers within 250 miles of me, and none of them would get anywhere close to the deal I was able to get right in my home town. Most only wanted to discount the Latitude a few hundred dollars, plus the available rebates. Even the most aggressive of the out of town dealers would only discount about $800 plus rebates, whereas the local dealer discounted it $2001 plus the $1500 in rebates. There weren't a lot of 4x4 Latitudes with the 1.4L available, and the one I bought was only one within about 80 miles of me. To make matters worse, I only wanted to consider a few colors which really limited the available vehicles in my search area. Commando and Sand were my first & second choices, followed by Blue, Yellow, Orange, or Red. The Jeep website makes it easy to see which vehicles that meet your criteria are available in your area.
helvmuscle likes this.

2015 Latitude 4x4 with 1.4l Turbo & 6-speed manual in Mojave Sand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
[QUOTE=weaseltraps;341993]Just some data as I have been internet shopping for a 4x4 1.4T 6MT Latitude. This is in Oregon/WA:

2015 4x4 Sport 6MT 1.4T Air/Alum Wheels Package: $18,879 (no tax in Oregon but maybe $400 in reg and fees). This was the internet eprice at the dealer in Vancouver, WA. I told them I had affiliate available. I'm sure there's a few hundred still in the deal. I doubt they would turn down $19K OTD

2015 4x4 Latitude 6MT 1.4T Base Latitude: $21,412. I think there is plenty of room for this model as well.

I'm tempted on that Sport but I'm not in a hurry. Ideally, I can find a white Latitude with the 17" wheels in 6MT and 1.4T with nothing else (although I could be convinced to buy the safety package).

Really, really, really, wish I had gotten the Uconnect, computer, bluetooth, and back up camera included in the Latitude, but not in the Sport that I ended up buying back in June, due to the lower payment. "Hands Free" laws are coming to every state and this will effect the value of my base Sport Renegade in the long run. Be patient.....
post #23 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I have a Latitude 4x4 that had an MSRP at $26,200ish because it came with some extra goodies. I won't lie, I couldn't find a Sport or Latitude at their actual base prices in my town, because they're all arriving at the dealership with extras. $1,500 of discounts landed me at $24,600 + tax/title/fees.

Only thing left to do is hopefully refinance with another credit union to lower my interest rate a percent or two.

post #24 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 12:19 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarbear View Post
I have a Latitude 4x4 that had an MSRP at $26,200ish because it came with some extra goodies. I won't lie, I couldn't find a Sport or Latitude at their actual base prices in my town, because they're all arriving at the dealership with extras. $1,500 of discounts landed me at $24,600 + tax/title/fees.

Only thing left to do is hopefully refinance with another credit union to lower my interest rate a percent or two.
I see this often as well. There are Sports with the air and wheel package in 6MT 1.4T 4X4 configuration but most Latitudes have the Nav package with 6.5" Connect (which I don't want).

There are a couple Silver 24,290 models in Oregon but only in Glacier. I thought I'd like this color but seeing it in person left me disappointed there wasn't more blue in it.

I def want the backup camera. I do lots of coaching and volunteering with kids. I like having the camera.

My desired white w/17" wheels in 6MT and 1.4T will pop up. I am sure of it.

Last edited by weaseltraps; 10-17-2015 at 12:22 AM.
post #25 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Latitude with multiple options including backup camera, Bluetooth, Uconnect setup and other options. MSRP $24,690 plus $995 destination fee.. tax, title, license, so whatever that totals in California. Went into the dealer knowing what I was going to pay before negotiations. I told them I want the car for $22,000 out the door with no other hidden fees. They laughed.... We spent an hour going back and forth and I just held my ground and kept saying no, I want my price and I know you need to sell them since it's the end of the year sale lol. They said how about $25,500 ... How about $24,711.. How about $23,900 "that's as low as we can go". I said again I'm not going any higher so they pulled the "we need a 2nd manager involved now" and I said do what you gotta do. 10 minutes later he comes over and says we can't go that low, sorry. I told them I don't want to waste everyone else's time and I'm going to other dealerships. Was on my way to test drive the Veloster and Focus ST. Got up and shook hands.. He says how about $22,500.. I said deal with a smile I won the battle lol. He said you are a real pain in the ass. I then said that includes floor mats rights jokingly.. He said like **** it does.. So out the door $22,500 plus $130 for the slush mats. Spend 5 hours at the dealership but it was worth it.. Love my Renegade.
post #26 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 04:04 PM
Ari

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
$22,406 for my 4x2 latitude with the 2.4 Tigershark engine and with 9 speed auto. The dealer had a bunch of extra add-ons and special packages included as well. We have everything except the MySky and cold weather package. I will be installing an after market auto sunroof later, as I didn't like the panels. I feel like for everything we got- based on reading the previous comments, we got a fantastic deal. My fiance haggled with the dealer for 3 days and at the end, the dealer looked so worn down and annoyed. We put down 4k and our monthly payments are not horrible considering we are first time new car buyers.

Side note* We did trade in my 1999 Mercury Sable with a hydrolocked engine. It had to be towed in, but they took it.
syzygy likes this.
post #27 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
$22,000 for my 2015 Latitude 4x4 with the manual transmission. Only extra option was the Cold Weather Package. MSRP was $24,835.

I had several local dealerships quote $22,900 on this model. It was 250 miles away. The dealership that had the vehicle came down to $22,200 before I decided to take the drive. When I arrived they had to update the BCM while I waited and due to the weather they weren't able to detail it, thus the additional $200 drop in price.

I also had a price on a 2WD Sport with the manual for $16,500.
post #28 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-02-2015, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
$22,406 for my 4x2 latitude with the 2.4 Tigershark engine and with 9 speed auto. The dealer had a bunch of extra add-ons and special packages included as well. We have everything except the MySky and cold weather package. I will be installing an after market auto sunroof later, as I didn't like the panels. I feel like for everything we got- based on reading the previous comments, we got a fantastic deal. My fiance haggled with the dealer for 3 days and at the end, the dealer looked so worn down and annoyed. We put down 4k and our monthly payments are not horrible considering we are first time new car buyers.

Side note* We did trade in my 1999 Mercury Sable with a hydrolocked engine. It had to be towed in, but they took it.
Did you drive it into a river?
post #29 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-04-2015, 09:20 PM
Ari

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
My fiance drove it through a flooded street in Charleston!! The roads flood there so badly, you can kayak down the road. I guess he thought he was in a submarine.
syzygy and DoKnowHarm like this.
post #30 of 85 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
I don't know if it's a good price or not, but I'm about to purchase a 2016 Trailhawk for $29,800 with the following add-ons: Remote Start, My Sky Power, Cold Weather, Beats Audio, Passive Entry, Trailer Tow, and Popular Equipment. MSRP $31,390 according to the dealership, $30,925 according to Edmunds, but it appears as if some pricing went up and Edmunds hasn't been updated.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page