Pricing, can we talk numbers? - Jeep Renegade Forum
 16Likes

post #1 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Pricing, can we talk numbers?

Newbie here, and I am tortured over pricing after actively looking at dealerships and way way waaay too much research on line. So far, I have been quoted $22,000 for a Sport 4x4 automatic, and $23,000 for a Latitude 4x4 automatic Renegade. I am also actively looking at the Subaru Crosstek which for $21,500 I can get a premium with bluetooth, back-up camera, and heated seats. This is what brings me to the Latitude, since with the Sport Renegade, I will get none of this.

So, anybody comfortable with posting what they paid? Is this even allowed on the forum? By the way, the Jeep Dealer almost seemed a little desperate yesterday, chasing me with the floor model latitude, and to buy from selection on the lot. Could dealers be trying to move lot models now that the "transmission software" issue has surfaced? I am in southeast Massachusetts.

Thanks from TM - possible future owner!

Last edited by Traceee; 06-01-2015 at 07:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I paid $23,995 in Massachusetts on the Latitude a month ago and after negotiating between 4 dealers had 2 of them tell me they couldnt meet that price. I had a dealer here on the forum also say jump on it, good price. The msrp was $25690. Hope its helpful!
post #3 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I paid $23,700 for the Latitude with price of $26,590 as well! Was a struggle lol
Rebel likes this.

post #4 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I paid $22,030 +TTL, and warranties for my 2x4 Latitude: 2.4L, 6.5 Nav, 17" Wheels. Base price was $25,530, and they basically took $3500 off by jacking up the value of my trade in.
post #5 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 04:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I was gonna start a thread, but I'll just post here.

I'm looking to get a Trailhawk with some options, MSRP will be a bit north of 30k. Would $3000 less than MSRP be a good goal? It should certainly be obtainable if @codev got a Latitude for nearly that. Maybe I should shoot for $3500? Codev, did you get any special discounts, or have a trade worked into the deal?

Also, I'm interested in the lifetime warranty. If I remember correctly, $1900 would be a good obtainable price for this, yes?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
I was gonna start a thread, but I'll just post here.

I'm looking to get a Trailhawk with some options, MSRP will be a bit north of 30k. Would $3000 less than MSRP be a good goal? It should certainly be obtainable if @codev got a Latitude for nearly that. Maybe I should shoot for $3500? Codev, did you get any special discounts, or have a trade worked into the deal?

Also, I'm interested in the lifetime warranty. If I remember correctly, $1900 would be a good obtainable price for this, yes?
Rebel,

I had a trade worked in AFTER all numbers had been settled. I meant to write, their MSRP was $25,690. So that would be about $1990 off. Those were my numbers before trade in. I used my trade to pay off the tax (it was a clunker). After all this, I worked in a trade because I didn't want to pay sales tax. We were upside down a tiny bit, but then qualified for some $1000 incentive. This was OK because we didn't pay sales tax, which was my end goal.

I'm confident you can do 3 large under MSRP though. Especially if you're motivated to go home with it that day.

/codev
Rebel likes this.
post #7 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
For what it's worth, we used the Costco Auto Buying program to order our Renegade Latitude with 1.4L/6-speed with Power MySky. Paid $500 below dealer invoice. MSRP would have been $25,685 (includes shipping). Our price was $24,644.
twospirits likes this.
post #8 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

First Name: David
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
The last time I went car buying (2006). I used CarsDirect simply because I hate to haggle numbers and they gave me top dollar on my trade in. It ended up close to $1100 below MSRP before the trade in part. But, quite a few co-workers here at work have used the Costco program and recommend it. So when it comes to buying the Renegade in a few months I just may take a look at what Costco can offer as well.

TS

Favorite Quote: The No is always there, you are just looking for the Yes.
Click for signature of Renegade Smileys
Spoiler
Jeep Renegade waving gif Smileys

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Thumbs up

First I want to thank everybody who has responded to this thread. This forum has been so helpful. I ended up purchasing a 4x4 automatic white sport model for $21,500 plus tax, fees, extra which I paid for upfront. The kicker is that the dealer gave me $14,000 for my 1 yr old Nissan Sentra which I paid $14,500 for last summer. This allowed me to put down $5,500 on the Renegade. Flipping a 1 year old car is economically a tough (stupid) thing to do, but I walked away with the same car payment, adding just 1 more year. This was very important to me. I just couldn't stand that poor little Sentra.

I tried so hard at 2 dealerships to buy a latitude, but ultimately could not get them below $23,000. I can live without the u-connect, since I never talk or text on cell while driving, but I long for the rear-view camera, and I am currently researching having something installed post-purchase. This should be standard in the sport model since I think it is going to be mandated within the next few years on all new cars. Does anybody know if our sport radios are back-up camera ready?

Anyhow, thanks for the info and help. I never owned a Jeep or an SUV before and I am lusting over this new car - like getting up out of bed at night to look at it in the driveway kind of lust. I am also "babying" it, but hoping to relax about this purchase in the next few months, especially if this NE winter is as bad as last year.

TM
gunclap and Tonym211 like this.
post #10 of 85 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
We bought a Colorado Red, Renegade Sport 4x4 with the 2.4 Tigershark w/9 spd auto, power & air group, sound group (6 speakers/U Connect/Sirius), and the ParkView rear backup camera. MSRP was $25,370 and we paid dealer invoice at $24,603. The two things we didn't get, that we would have liked, were the roof rails and Sierra Blue instead of Colorado Red (the red has grown on us though).

We traded a 2012 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ hatchback and got what we owed on it (I was not going to finance any trade-in debt).

Bank of America financed it for 60 months at 2.79 and we declined the offered extended warranty. The dealer really wanted to sell the warranty and offered to buy down the BofA rate to 1.79 if we would take the 5 yr/100k bumper to bumper warranty. Since the payment was exactly the same, we took the lower rate and the warranty (which has already paid for several days of car rentals while our Reny was in the shop).

I felt like it was a fair purchase overall and didn't feel like a needed to shower when we left. ;-)
Traceee likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page