Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Daystar Bull Bar Won't Fit 2016 Latitude?

31K views 64 replies 13 participants last post by  puddlesplasher 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone order one of these Bull Bars and have problem mounting it?

First off, I have the "regular" version of the bar, not the Trailhawk only one.

On my 2016 Latitude There is a raised plastic piece in the Driver's Side leading down back behind the radiator area from the Bottom Bolt you're supposed to use. It sticks out probably 1 - 1.5 inches or so from where the top bolt is. You can see in the photo below the depth difference in the top bolt and bottom bolt locations because of this plastic piece.

Is there a work around? Did they send me the wrong piece? I'd like to keep the bar, but there's no way it'll work like this. Perhaps it's something new in the 2016's they weren't made for?

This view is peeking in through the removed fakey-vent plate on the driver side.

See less See more
#2 ·
#5 ·
Nope, there's really nothing that can be done other than Daystar making a new Driver's side arm.
Already packaged it back up for return. But the directions were only text. Dearch Daystar Bull Bar and they are shown in one of the other threads.

#6 ·
Ok it will fit. Here's the problem. I called spoke to a tech.
If u have a manual it has an offset bracket to work with ur problem
The automatic does not need this bracket. It uses the ones u have. Call Daystar they will ship u the correct ones.

#8 ·
I contacted them on Amazon and they said they'll probably issue a return and never offered a solution. I'll call Daystar direct and see what they can do.

However, I have an automatic.... So I'll see what they send.

#9 · (Edited)
strange -- when u call daystar let me know what they tell u which brackets to use or which mod number to order or how to order it

he said the brackets should work with my setup but its just the same as yours --- 2016 latitude auto 2.4 4-cylinder

let me know what they tell u and we can figure this out jeeeeesh

i want the bar but cant deal with what u went threw

#10 ·
Yea I just talked to a Chris Wagner at Daystar. He is going to send me the replacement arm, but was surprised my model has that plastic piece blocking the arm. He asked me to send him a copy of my window sticker info and the photo I posted above. He said they aren't really sure what that piece is and apparently were wrong at guessing who would have it and who wouldn't. He said he's going to start building a database of other people who have the same problem and hopefully figure it out.

So I'll update in a few days if this works or not.

Thanks, for pointing me in their direction Steve!

#11 ·
sweet glad this was caught before they sold loads of them !!! i have not looked yet at mine working like nuts and may rain - i will check it out this weekend for sure and get pix as well

we will have the bar on our jeeps no worries !!!

glad they will look into this

#12 ·
ok so if i want the bullbar i have to first check my bumper bolts - order the bar from a dealer since i cant order from daystar direct lol then call and tell them i need this magical bracket?
ok kewl i so have to look at my bumper and order away !!!

#13 ·
That's weird. I have the Latitude and bought the non th version of the bull bar and there was no problem installing it. There should be just the two metal parts of the renegade body sticking out. You have to remove the bolts either through the front or side(fog light) area. I didn't even have to use the extra mounting gear that the package came with.

Joseph

#14 ·
what year - what motor - manual or auto
i still have not looked at my mount points i will saturday to confirm the weirdness

i was also told it would work but i dont want to buy and be stuck - i will know for sure saturday what mine looks like in there -- tooo much work and OT to even look untill then lol

thanks for the info

#18 · (Edited)
ok so here is the word from daystar

KJ50011BK Bull Bar for the Jeep Renegade

KJ50005BK Trailhawk Frame Mounted Bull Bar (FITS Trailhawk Model ONLY)

KJ50006BK Bull Bar for the "Dawn of Justice and Sport Editions" Renegade KJ50006BK <------ this has the offset bracket youll need

call daystar they will replace your bracket to work with this bump out

an fast email from them after i sent them and email of my window sticker and vin - and talked on the phone a while

Perfect! Thank you.
We will be releasing info next Tuesday regarding Renegades that require that bracket on their Bull Bar.
The kits will have their own part number of KJ50006BK.

and heres a pic of said bracket

#22 ·
this would be my guess yes - no matter where the bar was purchased from, i was told either way - they would send the correct bracket/s to get it mounted correct !!

im waiting for my guy to come back from vacation then i will order and we will see what happens ... X fingers and toes

#20 ·
I am still waiting on my bracket to arrive. In the meantime I returned my bar to Amazon to be on the safe side. When the bracket arrives, I'll decide if i want to re-buy it or not. If I don't I'll have a free bracket for one of you guys. lol

Also...
"KJ50006BK Bull Bar for the "Dawn of Justice and Sport Editions" Renegade KJ50006BK <------ this has the offset bracket youll need"
Mine is a 2016 Latitude, not a DoJ or a Sport....

This just keeps getting weirder.

#21 ·
yeah i know weird lol -- i dont want to rig it .. if i get the darn thing i want it secure correct , no spacers or longer bolts , thats just me

and yeah weird that it was listed as a doj edition - i dont get it but thats what i was told lol - wayne may think it has to do with the fog lights or something , but hes narrowing it down to the real reason , he mailed me again to ask me some questions and i helped as much as i could - lets hope it all works out in the end - mine will be ordered this week comming up i hope .....

#23 ·
Lol I used longer bolts and spacers after ordering from Amazon. Very sturdy but will call Daystar anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 ·
looks good and functions

if your happy with your setup then leave it

but i wouldnt want it like that after paying that much for it, ya know what i mean - give them a call and ask for wayne or direct call him

ext. 459
Wayne
Sales/Tech Support

#26 ·
so the bar i got - the one they said would fit - does not fit !!! i have to get the regular mounts like burnt got and use spacers like he did .. waiting for a call to get the original mounts then i will have to space an mount them or just send it back and wait for another option BOOOOOOOOOOOO

#28 ·
So here's the real deal on how to find out what part number to use for your Daystar Renegade Bull Bar. It's due to a specific option package that we have found can occur an any of the Renegade models.

If you have a Trailhawk, you need part # KJ50005BK

If you have a Sport, you need part # KJ50006BK

On any other models except Trailhawk, if you have the black block in the way, you need part # KJ50006BK

If you do not have a Trailhawk, and do not have the block in the way, you need part # KJ50011BK

Questions? Call me at 623-215-0459 and I can email a chart with the part numbers and other ways to check on what kit you need.

I've also uploaded a pic that shows the info.

Attachments

#30 ·
I called Daystar and got the right bracket shipped free for my 2016 75ed Lattitude 4x4. Fits great. No more spacers!

#32 ·
ok daystar figured it out
the wrong brackets were packed ,being new an all a simple mixup !! hoooray
they shipped the correct ones out
will keep ya updated
daystar rocks ! he went out of his way to figure it out and see what happened .. awesome service from them !!

#34 ·
You will be fine. With the revised bracket mine fit perfect. Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.