Not open for further replies.

Surprise!

50K views 168 replies 25 participants last post by  Shadowshaggy 
#1 ·
Only posting a pic, feel free to figure out what it is from:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

See less See more
#10 ·
Well, got stuck in some shale and then after about 5 minutes of that the clutch gave up the ghost.

Had a TJ hooked to the tow hook mounted in the front bumper, then we made bumper confetti.

@JeepCares, you guys are gonna be getting a call over this one. These welds broke in half, didn't pull the metal out of the welds, the welds physically broke in half. It's at a dealership now, surprise Monday morning lol.

As you can see, we weren't stuck in mud, just a little dusty and a couple of small puddles. But the bumper falling the f off isn't gonna fly, well technically it did fly, nearly into the TJ [emoji14]

#12 · (Edited)
I noticed your Renegade is not a trailhawk, therefore didn't come with the red tow hooks... So, the one you used was probably a screw in type, used mainly for loading the jeep onto tow trucks when disabled. Did you read the owners manual regarding tow-hooks? Even if say you did have the TH red tow hooks here is what the manual says...

"NOTE: For off-road recovery, it is recommended to use both of the front tow hooks to minimize the risk of damage to the vehicle."
Found on Page 505 -IN CASE OF EMERGENCY

Just saying, you'll have a hard time getting a warranty repair when it was most likely user error. The photo did show most damage on the passenger side, the side where the bolt on hooks goes.

#13 ·
That makes me much less inclined to use the tow hook. I'm sorry to see your Jeep in that condition.????

#17 ·
the threaded tow which is a screw in , only goes to the aluminum mounts which bolt into the frame - if ya had a bull bar you prob could have linked up to that - as that bolts directly into the frame ontop of the aluminum - iv noticed those welds dont look great when i was checking out the bull bar location mounts
u can see the aluminum mounts to the frame with bolts - then its welded sort of in the corners it looks like , then that mounts to the bumper which has the threaded hole for a hook.. it does not look so strong if u ask me . at least a bull bar mounts direct to the upper bolt on the aluminum and the lower bolt mounts to the lower bolt in the photo

#18 ·
So you were only getting it towed because the clutch burnt out? Which is the worse failure?

#19 ·
It's TIG welded, but no heat behind it. It's absurd, but it's going to FCA and they're gonna fix it.

We'll see how they approach it this week, guess it depends on how they deal with this disaster. I can't believe they used this setup as a bumper. A 5mph wreck would have destroyed this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.