Tutorial: Door Panel Removal and Speaker Installation - Page 2 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 105Likes

post #11 of 231 (permalink) Old 08-16-2015, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Nice write up! This was actually my plan for this weekend to figure out how to get to all the speakers in the car but my car has been at the dealership all weekend .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 231 (permalink) Old 08-16-2015, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post
Gatorade, you are awesome! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this and share with great images and guidance.

Quark
Quote:
Originally Posted by renefan View Post
Nice work Gatorade! I was missed the bolt behind the plastic switch panel, and was trying to pop the body panels. Probably would have broke something if I didn't stop. Note: I tried to remove the door panel before reading your post here.

Can't wait to put speakers in my Renny.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3ND3R View Post
Nice write up! This was actually my plan for this weekend to figure out how to get to all the speakers in the car but my car has been at the dealership all weekend .
Glad that this was so helpful. I've relied on others pioneering work with tearing their cars apart in the past, so I'm glad to be able to give something back.
LittleRedJeep and LAS like this.
post #13 of 231 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 04:30 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Sweet post, certainly on my list of things to do but down the road a bit... Good to have an example to follow

post #14 of 231 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Gatorade, I was wondering something... Are the front door speakers and the 3 inch in the dash wired parallel or series? (I know this is a lazy question.) I want to order speakers that will match the ohm rating of my amp.

As a side note, what are the stock speakers, 4 ohm?

Also kicker 6x9s look perfect.
post #15 of 231 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Great post!

~*Jessica*~
post #16 of 231 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by renefan View Post
Gatorade, I was wondering something... Are the front door speakers and the 3 inch in the dash wired parallel or series? (I know this is a lazy question.) I want to order speakers that will match the ohm rating of my amp.

As a side note, what are the stock speakers, 4 ohm?

Also kicker 6x9s look perfect.
Good question. I honestly don't know. Have to see if a wiring diagram surfaces.
post #17 of 231 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I'm really looking forward to seeing the Back door panel removal and speaker install. I have all the tools and speakers on standby. Thanks again!

Quark
post #18 of 231 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Just wanted to add that, YES the front dash speaker covers DO just pop off. I used a swiss army knife to pry open the bottom corner (closest to the center of the vehicle) and the rest popped off using my fingers. My plastic trim pry tool was too thick to get in the crack between the dash and the cover, so I used a small knife. The speaker itself is a puny little speaker that doesn't even look big enough to be a 3 inch-er.
post #19 of 231 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Awesome Info

Just got my Renegade yesterday, traded in the Jeep Commander, after 10 years. Sad day indeed. In anycase I have the 5.0 Radio with the subwoofer in the rear. Do you know if I could use a wire harness like that to go from the factory subwoofer to a secondary woofer, like an amplified Bazooka tube?
post #20 of 231 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
For the subwoofer (and other parts removal ) are useful the installation instruction for trailer wiring harness
https://mopar.chromedata.com/RichCon...R/K6862224.pdf

and instructions on how to remove UConnect media system and other parts from installation instruction for UConnect hands-free ssytem
https://mopar.chromedata.com/RichCon...R/K6862026.pdf
JerryFromFL likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page