Tutorial: Door Panel Removal and Speaker Installation - Page 22 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 105Likes

post #211 of 225 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
is there really that big of a difference in sound?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 225 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Smile

Important info!!

The opening for these 6x9s is undersized. I tried to install Alpine Type S AND Alpine Type R 6x9s, neither of which would drop in past the edge of the baskets.

Also, make sure that if use a speaker wire harness, that the negative wire goes to the black stripped wire in the factory harness. Otherwise your speakers will be out of phase with the rear. I had to switch the wires around in my Metra factory speaker harness adapters, no biggie.

Being sad about not being able to install the Alpines, I went with Kicker CS series 6x9s. Let me be clear in saying that this was an INCREDIBLE upgrade for $70. The factory speakers are complete horse ****. As is usually the case

The Kickers are the only ones so far that fit. Check their external dimensions and go with that for your speaker size. Do yourself and make the upgrade if you spend any length of time commuting and jamming out!

Last edited by Bzilla; 11-24-2016 at 09:40 PM.
post #213 of 225 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Ordered the dash speakers today from crutchfield. Wiring harness included for free. Will do dynamat on the doors next.
Still looking for a stealth sub install. Maybe I can find a wrecked Renegade and get the sub enclosure that way.

post #214 of 225 (permalink) Old 12-18-2016, 11:10 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
For those looking for a subwoofer

http://madnessautoworks.com//jeep-re...adness-pid4112
post #215 of 225 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreyfe55 View Post
At last check this only fit the 2015 Renegade not the 2016. Also at $500 it is very pricey. Could see it at $300 but not $500.
Did install the front dashboard 3.5 Kicker speakers today. Very easy install especially with the wiring harness. For a cost of $39.95 shipped including wiring harness it was a no brained. Quick listen did verify that voices were clearer and music did have a overall better sound to them.
Next up is dynomat the doors and front speaker upgrades.
post #216 of 225 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 04:34 PM
LAS

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlbattle85 View Post
Just installed the kicker door speakers that a lot of people have gone with, did anyone else feel underwhelmed? I'm guessing because they're 4ohm and the stock speakers are 2ohm, but my stock speakers sounded much louder and had much better bass; about to go reinstall the stocks and return these kickers.
Same here. I have the 6.5" UConnect with 6-speaker setup. The Kicker 3.5 (41KSC354) dash speakers was a VERY noticeable upgrade and well worth it. Days later I Installed the Kicker 6x9 (http://www.kicker.com/41KSC6934) in the front doors only and it didn't sound right, little off. Returning the 6x9 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyViking View Post
I have the Nav radio with 6 speakers. I completed my speaker upgrade last weekend. I installed two pair of JBL GX963 (doors) and a pair of JBL GX302 (dash). I used Metra 71-039C adapters up top and Metra 72-6514 (reversed the leads) down low. The install was a breeze. All speakers fit in the factory locations reusing all the factory mounting screws and I have no clearance issues. The system sounds excellent; great bass, clear vocals and no loss of volume. I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome! The only issue I had during the install was the shocking fact the ALL of the clips holding on the drivers door panel were missing! You could tell they were never installed from factory due to the lack of stress marks on the mounting locations. Nice work Team FCA! Thankfully my local parts store had some older 1-piece GM style clips that worked. The entire install was under $260 too!
So the JBL GX963 (http://www.jbl.com/car-speakers/GX963_.html) lined up no problem with the factory mounting holes AND the no problem installing in rear doors? That's GREAT NEWS! Looking at top-mount depth measurement on crutchfield, these JBL 6x9s are shallower than the Kickers (http://www.kicker.com/41KSC6934) by about 1/4". In addition they run at 2ohm (Kickers = 4ohm) which appears to be the factory 6x9s rated. These JBLs seem the perfect match. Thanks for sharing.

2016 Renegade TrailHawk
2007 VW Rabbit
2006 Audi A4 Avant S-Line
post #217 of 225 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 11:08 AM

First Name: Charlie
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm glad I got the Beats system with 9 speaker's
post #218 of 225 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I have the 4 speaker setup. I wonder what's under the panels in the dash, I assume nothing. Anyone know how difficult it would be to install speakers there and wire them?
post #219 of 225 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 07:04 PM
LAS

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyViking View Post
I have the Nav radio with 6 speakers. I completed my speaker upgrade last weekend. I installed two pair of JBL GX963 (doors) and a pair of JBL GX302 (dash). I used Metra 71-039C adapters up top and Metra 72-6514 (reversed the leads) down low. The install was a breeze. All speakers fit in the factory locations reusing all the factory mounting screws and I have no clearance issues. The system sounds excellent; great bass, clear vocals and no loss of volume. I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome! The only issue I had during the install was the shocking fact the ALL of the clips holding on the drivers door panel were missing! You could tell they were never installed from factory due to the lack of stress marks on the mounting locations. Nice work Team FCA! Thankfully my local parts store had some older 1-piece GM style clips that worked. The entire install was under $260 too!
So the JBL GX963 (http://www.jbl.com/car-speakers/GX963_.html) lined up no problem with the factory mounting holes AND the no problem installing in rear doors? That's GREAT NEWS! Looking at top-mount depth measurement on crutchfield, these JBL 6x9s are shallower than the Kickers (http://www.kicker.com/41KSC6934) by about 1/4". In addition they run at 2ohm (Kickers = 4ohm) which appears to be the factory 6x9s rated. These JBLs seem the perfect match. Thanks for sharing.

Well... The JBL GX963 were NOT a perfect fit on the front doors (2016 TrailHawk, 6.5 UConnect w/ 6-speaker system). It would not seat flush inside the speaker opening as the inner lip of the speaker basket was slightly larger. I had to use the included plastic bracket (for bottom mount install) and find .25-.5" longer screws. With the speaker sticking out a little, fortunately the door panel seemed to go on no problem. They do sound great when I set the fader all the way to the front. I had planned to install the same speakers on the rear doors, but don't know what to think now...... Maybe playing it safe and going with some 6.5 on the rears.....

2016 Renegade TrailHawk
2007 VW Rabbit
2006 Audi A4 Avant S-Line
post #220 of 225 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlbattle85 View Post
Just installed the kicker door speakers that a lot of people have gone with, did anyone else feel underwhelmed? I'm guessing because they're 4ohm and the stock speakers are 2ohm, but my stock speakers sounded much louder and had much better bass; about to go reinstall the stocks and return these kickers.
. Actually the stock speakers are also 4 ohm. The reason you feel underwhelmed is mostly because the lousy 5 W that the factory head unit puts out. Most aftermarket stereos put out 22 W or so. I just replace my door speakers and noticed It isn't quite as loud or Bass filled I know that will change drastically once I swap out the head unit next week.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page