UConnect USB doesn't recognize iPhone [resolved-switched charging cable] - Jeep Renegade Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2015, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Question UConnect USB doesn't recognize iPhone [resolved-switched charging cable]

Uconnect on my trailhawk won't recognize my iPhone 6. It charges, but the screen says nothing is connected, and I can only connect via Bluetooth. Tried turning off bluetooth, USB still doesn't see the phone. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 12:04 AM
jbl

Did you try the one in the center console, whenever my wife plugs in her iPhone to charge it it starts playing her music
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
My iPhone 6 works as an iPod connected via USB in the center console. Not sure about the one in the arm rest.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Does this occur with both USB outlets, beth2154?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
My IPOD 4 80 Gig connects fine if I use the original Apple version of USB cable but once I connect with an aftermarket one I bought I either get a lot of static at low volumes or it can't read the titles. I would try it with another USB cable if you have one.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 05:31 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
I have the same issue. USB is recognized about 1/3 of the time. I am using the USB jack that sits under the climate controls. I have tried turning the system off, plugging/unplugging, having it connected when starting the vehicle, and other things. iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

The only thing that seems to work most of the time (Without having to stop/restart the engine completely) is going to the Phone\Bluetooth settings, hitting Paired Audio Devices, and Disconnect. Then, with the USB cable already plugged in, about 2/3 of the times I try this, it finally detects USB as a valid source. I have managed to see both USB and Bluetooth both available as a Source about once, ever. The connection seems to be charging at all times, despite what the Audio Source is doing, so I know part of the cable is working. I will be trying another cable, just in case, as USB cables can certainly be very funky too.

Yesterday, the music I was playing from the iPhone, USB Source, kept pausing when Google Maps would attempt to voice navigation direction, but no sound would play. The music would then remain paused. That same trip, after being stopped at the dealership for a while, everything worked fine after restarting the Renegade. Nav directions were spoken with the music merely lowering in volume for the direction, then returning to the correct volume. No pause or any other odd behavior.

Needless to say, the intermittent nature of the connection is making me nuts. Granted, the only thing that seems any different is not being able to see the Album Artwork in the display when the Audio Source is Bluetooth, but it still makes me nuts.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
Does this occur with both USB outlets, beth2154?
Yes, both use ports. Tried my iPhone and a friends on both. Both charge but are not recognized. The dealer said they tried a iPod nano which was recognized, so they're saying it's the phone.

Last edited by beth2154; 08-22-2015 at 02:00 PM.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Like NHDon said try another cable. Apple stuff can be very cable fussy. Even genuine apple cables have given me problems in the past.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
beth2154,

As NHDon mentioned, it could be the cable as well. You could see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, I would recommend seeing if it's possible for a local dealership to test it with a similar phone. Please keep us posted on this!

AlbinoRhino,

Have you had a chance to test it with a different cable yet?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Ok...so I tried another apple cable and I just got the usb in the dash to work! Same cable in the center console doesn't connect though. What a pain in the rear end. I'll keep trying more cables to see if I can get one that works for both ports.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page