• 1 Post By bwbike
  • 1 Post By VARenegadeUSA
  • 1 Post By PatPicciano

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Uconnect 5.0 Engineering Menu

Does anybody know how to get any secret menus on the Uconnect 5.0 ? Also how do you find out what version of software it is running ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalblue View Post
Does anybody know how to get any secret menus on the Uconnect 5.0 ? Also how do you find out what version of software it is running ?
I'm not aware (yet) of any secret codes, but you can see what version you have by going to Settings>System Information. See the attached pic of my screen. This is for the Uconnect 6.5 but I suspect the 5.0 is similar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-10 20.15.19.jpg
Views:	2342
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	17250  

2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk-Anvil
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

I don't see any System Information pick on Uconnect 5.0 so I hope there is some special sequence of keys to hold to get to a hidden menu.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 08:31 PM

First Name: Bryan
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Garage
I know there is a combination of keys for the 8.4 system I have in the Challenger.

This is what I know about the 8.4 system. I don't know if any of this will work for the 5.0 (or the 6.4).

- Press and hold both the temperature-up (red arrow) and temperature-down (blue arrow) buttons at the same time, for 5 or so seconds, you are presented with the "Engineering Menu."

- Hold the up, down, and front defrost buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds and then you are presented with the "Dealer Mode" menu.

- Hold down the up, down, and Browse/Enter buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds. That puts you into touchscreen calibration mode.

- Hold down the up, down, and rear defrost buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds. That will write a screenshot (1.2MB .bmp file) to the flash drive in the console USB slot.
twospirits likes this.

Vehicles:
2015 Renegade Trailhawk - Silver (Glacier Metallic)
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
2014 H-D Road King
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T (traded)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwbike View Post
I know there is a combination of keys for the 8.4 system I have in the Challenger.

This is what I know about the 8.4 system. I don't know if any of this will work for the 5.0 (or the 6.4).

- Press and hold both the temperature-up (red arrow) and temperature-down (blue arrow) buttons at the same time, for 5 or so seconds, you are presented with the "Engineering Menu."

- Hold the up, down, and front defrost buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds and then you are presented with the "Dealer Mode" menu.

- Hold down the up, down, and Browse/Enter buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds. That puts you into touchscreen calibration mode.

- Hold down the up, down, and rear defrost buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds. That will write a screenshot (1.2MB .bmp file) to the flash drive in the console USB slot.
To get into the Engineering mode for the 6.5 radio Press and hold
RADIO + MORE + BROWSER KNOB simultaneously for about 5-15 second.

I do not know if it is the same for the 5.0 try that & see if it works on the 5.0

BE CAREFUL !!!!!

2015 Renegade Replaced with 2016 Dodge Dart GT
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT- White
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
ENGINEERING MODE - UConnect 5.0/RA2 - Worked on my 2015 Jeep Renegade:
Ignition ON, Engine Off, Hold Down: Radio + Media + Browse Butttons for 5-8 seconds.

I haven't tested anything - but the first thing was "Base Line" 09.00.49.01 - I think this is my software version.

I poked around and found lots of settings for the radio, bluetooth, etc - nothing too interesting, but I will have to map out the menu and see what's what.

Be careful with this!
Pat.
raz-0 likes this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Just did it ! It's useless and there isn't any options to change and play with ..
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass84 View Post
Just did it ! It's useless and there isn't any options to change and play with ..
Yes its pretty well useless. Did anybody notice the hardware version for our system says 2008 ? Thats a little strange.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
dtc list in engineering mode

Hello
I was messing around with my uconnect 5.0 when i entered something called engineer mode. There i found a menu called DTC list, I entered the menu out of curiosity and found that it displayed one code twice.
The code looked like
a10a16: 0
a10a16: 0

I have tried searching google but i found nothing relevant.

Do anyone know something about this? Are it supposed to show these codes or are something faulty in my car?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page