Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Check your VIN for Updates for Uconnect 5.0 Renegades (Radio Software Enhancements)

100K views 123 replies 62 participants last post by  JeepCares 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! Checked the uconnect site and was glad to see a new update was released for my Renegade. I'm not sure what all was changed in this update but I feel like the driving is better and my mpg is better as well. The update is 1.3 gigs uncompressed on my flash drive so it had to have some changes. Let's see what we can find out there. https://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/ Here's the site just put in your VIN and it will tell you if your vehicle needs the update or not. Took about 20 minutes for the install. Hopefully it fixes a lot of problems for my fellow Renegades.

#103 ·
Does anyone know how to verify what version is actually installed?
I took mine in for tire swap in Nov. Don't recall exact date.
They also did a UConnect update, and I notice when I check online for update, says there is one dated in Nov.
So not sure if that was the one applied or not?

#106 · (Edited)
Just picked up a brand new 1.4 MAir model a week ago. For the life of me I cannot get the iOS app on the phone to connect using the UConnect Live app. It says it's found the vehicle but when you click on "Let's Get Started" button, it just keeps coming up with the same error message on the phone "Oops an error was encountered. Please try again later". Phone pairs to the system just fine via bluetooth. I checked online if there was an update to the UConnect unit in the car itself, which it said there was, so I created a USB stick and plugged it in but the software numbers match, so clearly it's the latest version, so I am guessing perhaps the dealers did the update and the UConnect database has yet to reflect my car has been updated. Either way the app still wont connect. Any ideas? Have also emailed UConnect support and still waiting for a response. I might have to take it into the dealer next week anyway as a work colleague drove into the passenger door (only had my car a week) and they are having to replace it with a new one under his insurance (since he admitted liability). So all in all, not the best experience of my first week of new car ownership (always had old bangers before now)

#107 ·
Scared to take my Jeep TH in

Well, my Uconnect Service does not work. Can't get it registered. Stopped at Jeep dealer today and they said make an appointment, might have to replace radio. Must be having problems with these if he said that right off.

Just wondering if having the Uconnect is worth it. Everything works fine, don't really care about music apps, wouldn't use them anyways. Probably wouldn't pay for it after the free year.

So, is it worth it. Reading this thread makes me just want to forget about it.

#108 ·
Just wondering if having the Uconnect is worth it. Everything works fine, don't really care about music apps, wouldn't use them anyways. Probably wouldn't pay for it after the free year.
If you're talking about music apps, it sounds like you have the 6.5 stereo and are in the wrong thread. The 5.0 has XM and "Media" button that connects with your phone, but does not have any built in apps.

#115 ·
How about this one, 2017 Renegade. everything is fine except I can't always receive txt messages. I can send them with no problem but receiving them is sporadic. I have an android LG phone through Metro PCS. I tried to remove the pairing and re-pair it and I may get 1 in 10 txts from my wife's LG phone I just signed back up for another year with Uconnect and I'm not sure if it is worth it. My state just went hands free I need it

#116 ·
Hi - I have a problem too - Samsung Galaxy S7 recently updated to Android 8.0.0 - now my Jeep will not read text messages out loud - I get the notifications, but if I press reset, it does not work. I know it worked before the update to 8.0.0 - also, if I press the voice command button on the steering wheel, the display says "Initializing Voice Services" - or something like that, but never finishes, I cannot make voice calls by voice, or do any voice-activation stuff.

Does anyone know a way to fix this?
-It used to work nicely when I first go the Jeep.

#118 ·
I updated from 9(something) to 10(something) last night. I told the dealer my radio sounded funny, too much fuzzy distorted bass. They tried to update it and couldn't figure it out. I'm not surprised. The FCA web page's PDF doesn't mention pushing the setup button on the lower right side to get into the setup screen. Once I got there, it uploaded fine. It turns out my fuzzy bass is brought on by speed volume and "surround sound".

#121 ·
Hello everyone! Checked the uconnect site and was glad to see a new update was released for my Renegade. I'm not sure what all was changed in this update but I feel like the driving is better and my mpg is better as well. The update is 1.3 gigs uncompressed on my flash drive so it had to have some changes. Let's see what we can find out there. Software Update for Uconnect® - Check For Updates Here's the site just put in your VIN and it will tell you if your vehicle needs the update or not. Took about 20 minutes for the install. Hopefully it fixes a lot of problems for my fellow Renegades.

So I downloaded it, but then when I click on the link for instructions the page is blank - anyone know how to get the instructions?? Thanks!

#123 ·
Hello everyone! Checked the uconnect site and was glad to see a new update was released for my Renegade. I'm not sure what all was changed in this update but I feel like the driving is better and my mpg is better as well. The update is 1.3 gigs uncompressed on my flash drive so it had to have some changes. Let's see what we can find out there. Software Update for Uconnect® - Check For Updates Here's the site just put in your VIN and it will tell you if your vehicle needs the update or not. Took about 20 minutes for the install. Hopefully it fixes a lot of problems for my fellow Renegades.
Hello, my question is, as it is some years since your informative post, 2023 now, shouldn't this uconnect update be done via bluetooth or wireless internet connection?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.