Jeep Renegade Forum banner

UConnect5.0 radio question

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mudcatca 
#1 ·
I've read through the board and seen various threads about not being able to upgrade the uconnect5.0 system... Only option seems to be to go aftermarket at which point you lose access to your car settings.

Has anyone seen this?
http://radio-upgrade.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=299

My question would be, do you think there would be any chance you may retain access to car settings through this radio?

#2 ·
#3 ·
This is the kind of thing where SOMEBODY, hopefully markets a small computer to "piggyback" on the type of receiver like you linked, to allow at least access for setting your personal preferences, then tuck it away under the dash. Something like the raspberry pi comes to mind, probably not powerful enough. Give it time. Maybe someone WILL make an interface to address the options separate from the radio.
I'll be in line when that happens. The Uconnect is okay, but has issues I've addressed here elsewhere, and sometimes seems to have a mind of it's own!

#4 ·
>The Uconnect is okay, but has issues I've addressed here elsewhere, and sometimes seems to have a mind of it's own!

Somewhere in Manhattan, a propellor-head MBA is working on a diabolical plan to get kickbacks paid to auto manufacturers from advertisers, for entry-level cars that broadcast advertisements the drivers/passengers can't stop or control, and will make the argument that the advertisers' kickbacks help reduce the price of new vehicles for reluctant millennials buyers.

And somewhere else, there's me, thinking of giving that MBA a boot to the head.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.