LED headlight install tutorial - Page 3 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 17Likes

post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 12:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I just installed all led's in my 2016 Jeep Renegade Lattitude, can bus error free for interior. I didn't do the makeup visor's as yet. On the exterior I did the license plate with can bus error free led. DRL lights, LED were from IJDMTOY for 29.99 for the pair. looking for a good set for hi low beams.... just ordered my LED for fog lights... here is th info on the DRL LEd's. These worked great and no errors on dash bd. These are not can bus error free. Only thing u need to be aware of is that the DRL dims when you initially turn the lights and ignition off on a 2015 Renegade and 2016. It took approx. 3 minutes for the DRL LED to completely turn off, Happy with the result so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RNAGADE_CO.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	42602   Click image for larger version

Name:	DRLLED JEEP 2015 2016 RNEGADE.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	42610  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 05:18 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyr5 View Post
I just did the headlights with a different brand but look very much like the OPT-7 lights. Like the OP, I also had to adjust the lamp so that the LED's pointed directly left and right. The lights work great - no errors, nice and bright white.
Mind sharing what brand you went with?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Commando Jeep Renegade Sport 1.4 Turbo 2WD
Madness Maxpower ECU
Go Fast Bits DV+

post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODGreenFifteen View Post
Mind sharing what brand you went with?
http://www.syneticusa.com/Shop/index...lumen-80w.html

The housing on my lights are plastic, not metal as shown in the picture. Kind of like the ones in the OP's picture, only black.
ODGreenFifteen likes this.

Randy
=IF DOGS DON'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO=

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I installed my OPT-7 LEDs and noticed they kinda flicker when my Jeep is off. Has anyone had the same problem?
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtC View Post
I installed my OPT-7 LEDs and noticed they kinda flicker when my Jeep is off. Has anyone had the same problem?
Yeap. Had the same problem, had to send them back.

2015 Commando Jeep Renegade Sport 1.4 Turbo 2WD
Madness Maxpower ECU
Go Fast Bits DV+

post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl9 View Post
This is a bulb install tutorial or the OPT7 LED's. Depending on what buls you get,will depend how they will sit in the housing. Dont worry ill explain with pictures. Make sure you wear rubber/latex gloves when you do this to prevent any oil from your hands transferring to bulbs and prematurely burning them out.

1. Pop your hood and find and remove the rubber covers that grant you access the the headlight housing (just pull the tab indicated by the orange arrow).
Attachment 24025

2. Reach inside the housing, you will feel the back of the bulb (follow the wire). Grab the back of it and turn your hand counter-clockwise and the bulb should unlatch from the housing.

3.Pull the bulb out of the housing and you should see the picture below. Toward the bottom of the grew piece (where the orange arrow is) there is a tab. Push in hard on the tab while pulling the gray adapter out of the bulb. This will separate the bulb from the adapter.
Attachment 24033

4. Repeat steps 1-3 for the opposite side. Place bulbs in a safe place just in case something happens to your LEDs and you need replacement bulbs.

5. If you order the OPT7 LED's then you should have got a H13 adapter indicated by the box below. Make sure you plug it in. to your new light.
Attachment 24041

6. At least with my lights i found that it was much easier to adjust the beam if i took out the screw in the below picture, this allowed me to rotate the bulb in the housing.
Attachment 24049

7. Becasue of the jeep light housing paired with how these bulbs work you want them sitting with the leds pointing left and right o|o . Other bulbs may require the bulbs be pointed up and down.

8. Now its its time to reinstall them pretty much exactly how you took them out. Once they are in the housing, make sure they look like this. (Note: the wire is on the bottom, perfectly strait up and down). if you look in your headlight houseing you should seethe the bulbs facing left and right. not up and down.
Attachment 24057

9. Plug LED light to the gray car plug, place all the wires in the housing and throw the rubber cover back on.

10. Enjoy the lights
Attachment 24065

Do these bulbs have a high beam / low beam feature? I am finding all these similar LED headlights that say do not use them for Low beams because they are too bright...
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 12:02 PM

Yes, they do have low/high beam.

Randy
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
For people running LED bulbs, can you tell me if you put the dust cap back on. Looks like plenty of room for the bulbs, but was wondering about heat issues?

Thanks, jjp
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
What kind of fog bulbs are you running? Ive always run PIAA yellow fogs but yours look brighter than mine.
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-11-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp735i View Post
For people running LED bulbs, can you tell me if you put the dust cap back on. Looks like plenty of room for the bulbs, but was wondering about heat issues?

Thanks, jjp
The dust caps fit just fine. I haven't had any heat issues. Most of the LED headlights come equipped with cooling fans.

Randy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page