17Likes

post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 01:20 PM

First Name: Danny
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dano7331 Send a message via MSN to dano7331
Bit the bullet for LED's

Well first I replaced my DRL's with LED's and they're GREAT. Then I decided to replace my Headlights with LED's as well. The first pair of bulbs I bought were from Cloudworks. These bulbs use a ballast and they got really hot. The bulbs worked great for about an hour, then the left bulb started flickering, then the right bulb went out all together so I reinstalled the original bulbs. Then I bought a pair of AuxBeam bulbs. The AuxBeams although are canbus (error free) like the Cloudworks, they don't require a ballast. I've installed them right out of the box and they work AWESOME. The AuxBeams are adjustable, but they work fine as they came, and not having the bulky ballast and the associated pigtail they fit just like the originals.

Next will be my TS, Fogs, and tails.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Just curious, is there a visible difference in vision switching to these over stock? If so, how big of a change is it overall?
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
I'm not sure what LED headlights to buy.

From what I read, the OPT7s seem to be the best. Has everyone who has bought them had the flickering problem?

Is it hard to install a resistor to avoid that?

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
For anyone that has installed led H13, can you tell me how is the distance light. I've read and viewed so many reviews it's mind boggling. The one thing I get out of most the reviews on all kinds of LED for headlights is that with stock halogen housings, which most of us Renegade owners have, is that the light distance is poor or blinding to other drivers.

I'd like to upgrade, but I live in a rural area and need the distance on low and high beam for safety.

Thanks, jjp
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp735i View Post
For anyone that has installed led H13, can you tell me how is the distance light. I've read and viewed so many reviews it's mind boggling. The one thing I get out of most the reviews on all kinds of LED for headlights is that with stock halogen housings, which most of us Renegade owners have, is that the light distance is poor or blinding to other drivers.

I'd like to upgrade, but I live in a rural area and need the distance on low and high beam for safety.

Thanks, jjp
The distance is much better than Sliverstar Ultras and the width is awesome. I get "bright-lighted" alot...until I put on the high beams. I have taken them out for the winter because the LED's don't get hot enough to keep the lenses clear of the snow. Mine are Streetglow brand and I havn't had a problem with flickering or throwing errors because the are Canbus ready. Hope this helps!
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf13 View Post
The distance is much better than Sliverstar Ultras and the width is awesome. I get "bright-lighted" alot...until I put on the high beams. I have taken them out for the winter because the LED's don't get hot enough to keep the lenses clear of the snow. Mine are Streetglow brand and I havn't had a problem with flickering or throwing errors because the are Canbus ready. Hope this helps!

I've been doing a lot of driving in dark backroads and I definitely do need both brightness and range, which the halogens don't have. But I've also been on the fence because of the reviews and what I have read through here.

Glad to know the streetglows are good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page