Instrument Cluster Display How Do I Change - Jeep Renegade Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Question Instrument Cluster Display How Do I Change

I just got a 2016 Renegade Limited and want to know how to change several things on the Instrument Cluster display.

1. How can I change the Speed Display from Klm/hr to Miles/HR? I've gone to the settings button on the steering wheel and don't see a way to change it. I want the Miles per hour to digitally display in the Center position on the screen.

2. is there a way to not have the "To change Settings press OK" message always appearing on the display?

3. On the Headlight knob when in AUTO mode is there a way to have the headlights be on even during the day? Meaning every time the car is driven day or night without turning the knob to the ON mode every time.

Today in Michigan it is snowing and the visibility is awful. I want my (main) headlights to come on automatically. Not the Daylight Running lights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 10:27 PM

First Name: Dennis
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Most of the controls are changed thru the uconnect on the radio touch screen. I believe it starts using the "More" option on the lower right of the screen (uconnect 5.0, not sure with 6.5 version). I don't remember a full time headlight option but there is an option to adjust the sensitivty as to when the lights will turn on. There are a lot of options available and they are grouped under lights, safety, etc. I know you can change to mph or kph but don't remember which screen group it is under. Hope this helps.

Congratulations by the way, good luck with your Renegade and welcome to the forum.

2015 Renegade Latitude - Sierra Blue
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 10:34 PM

First Name: Dennis
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
To make changes to the display screen layout you do use the buttons on the steering wheel. If you push the up arrow on the left side of the steering wheel you can cycle thru various screens showing fuel economy, tire pressures, digital mph, etc. I don't remember them all off the top of my "old" head.

2015 Renegade Latitude - Sierra Blue

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 02:32 AM
Ted

First Name: Ted
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Ted Send a message via Skype™ to Ted
1 while it is showing km/h or mph press and hold ok
2 press the up or down buttons on the left of the steering wheel to select a different display mode
3 I don't have auto lights, but I would assume that the headlight switch has an 'auto' position and a 'manual' position. Turn it to the 'manual' position.

ooolo99ikl;i.,pyknulmmmmmmmmmm 111
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 03:49 AM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
and enjoy the forum!

Me 07 JKU, CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s org
White Jeep Club Member # 137
To see my mods or Jeep in action go to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wife
2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4 2.4L Auto
White Jeep Club Member # BU01

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 05:14 AM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugRenegade View Post
I just got a 2016 Renegade Limited and want to know how to change several things on the Instrument Cluster display.

1. How can I change the Speed Display from Klm/hr to Miles/HR? I've gone to the settings button on the steering wheel and don't see a way to change it. I want the Miles per hour to digitally display in the Center position on the screen.

2. is there a way to not have the "To change Settings press OK" message always appearing on the display?

3. On the Headlight knob when in AUTO mode is there a way to have the headlights be on even during the day? Meaning every time the car is driven day or night without turning the knob to the ON mode every time.

Today in Michigan it is snowing and the visibility is awful. I want my (main) headlights to come on automatically. Not the Daylight Running lights.
Same problem here.

In the centre of my Driver Information Display (DID) I just have a permanent message that reads: "Press OK to open vehicle set-up" and when you do press OK, the options that appear are "Security" and sometimes (but not always) "See Phone" and "See Navigation".

All I want to do is have my Speed displayed in numerical form in the middle of the DID, rather than this persistent "Press OK to open vehicle set-up" message.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by FrankTheTank; 02-16-2016 at 05:20 AM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 06:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to I1430radio Send a message via Skype™ to I1430radio
There is a setting in the Uconnect 6.5 unit for turning the daytime running lights on or off. Kind of silly to have it as an option, when most vehicles don't. In fact, MOST of the options could be eliminated and the "features" simply kept, giving Uconnect less things to have go wrong. (electric parking brake, turning lights, units on the dash, backup camera lines, and more...all of which have been named by one person or another as "shaky" with regard to their stability of settings...elsewhere on this forum.)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank View Post
Same problem here.

In the centre of my Driver Information Display (DID) I just have a permanent message that reads: "Press OK to open vehicle set-up" and when you do press OK, the options that appear are "Security" and sometimes (but not always) "See Phone" and "See Navigation".

All I want to do is have my Speed displayed in numerical form in the middle of the DID, rather than this persistent "Press OK to open vehicle set-up" message.

Any thoughts?
On my Limited, I press the down arrow (left side of steering wheel) to get past that message. Once past that message, you'll get into Vehicle Information screen, and speed will be one of the items shown.

Last edited by wyliec; 02-16-2016 at 07:20 AM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 08:40 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
On my Limited, I press the down arrow (left side of steering wheel) to get past that message. Once past that message, you'll get into Vehicle Information screen, and speed will be one of the items shown.
You're a star! Thought I'd tried that but obviously not, thankyou!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page