2016 Beats Audio Disappointment THREAD [Update to fix now available] - Page 11 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 87Likes

post #101 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
beats upgrade

I like some of you got sucked in by the whole beats system on my 2016 trailhawk. First it sounded like crap then I did the uconnect update for the 6.4 nav system and such. It was super simple. You just put your vin number in on the website then save to a usb drive. Plug the usb drive into one of your usb ports. It took about 20 minutes or so. I did this friday and I could not believe the difference it made. Plus it took care of some of the other smaller glitches and such in the infotainment system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Which version you have installed on your Uconnect?
post #103 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
did that update, better but still has bad issues with fear sound and frequencies

post #104 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 05:31 PM

First Name: Mark
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I've been waiting for the part number for the amp on the 2016 Trailhawk to become available and it has now and its the same part number as the 2015! That leaves me stumped! So now thinking that the amp is the problem I have to question! I wanted to see if I could buy an amp for a 2015 and install it and hope my beats misery would be over! Sucks!!!!

2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
post #105 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
There has to be programming to fix the Amp issue, I would assume. Amps just produce power, but something has to tell the Amp how to distribute the power. Now, the question is, as filters in place to "distribute/crossover" different freq to different speakers or is that a thing that is directed by software? If the Amp is indeed the same as 2015 and the 2015 sound much better, it would argue that the Amp is not the problem....
post #106 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 06:38 PM

First Name: Patty
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
"There has to be programming to fix the Amp issue,"

I've been told it's a programming issue and an update is coming.... someday. Until then, we have a crap sounding system. I'm asking the dealer for a buy back under the lemon law. I've had my 2016 Trailhawk since 11/15 and been bringing it back since 12/15, 20 days in shop already and at least 5 visits for this issue. I'm so fuming mad. Beats audio is a POS system. They had my Jeep for 2 weeks last time and nothing. I'm also only getting about 17-19 mpg city. I do love this little Jeep, but I want one that is how I ordered it!!
post #107 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
I don't know that lemon law works for something like the audio system. I think that's for major problems that would warrant safety and reliability concerns. Not how the stereo sounds.

Don't get me wrong. I'm p*$$ed as can be that I spent $700 on a premium audio system that isn't so premium. The 4 extra speakers in the rear door are worthless.

I took my jeep in 2 days ago, they had it for one day, and said they don't find anything wrong with the audio.... of course.
post #108 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 09:22 AM

I think the best you can hope for with FCA/your dealer and the sound system is some type of credit. You ordered premium, and you didn't get it. I agree with Crafty, the lemon law isn't going to apply if the stereo is the only problem. I would push hard for a credit from whatever the "premium audio" costs, then go a place that knows car audio and get a real system installed. However, I am not convinced that this is anything more than a software problem. As I said earlier, either there is software telling the amp what freq to crossover at, or there are filters. Either way, they should be correctable!
post #109 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
I am not sure about other states however in NC. I beleive it would be covered under lemon law based on this page from the NC DOJ
http://www.ncdoj.gov/Consumer/Automo...Lemon-Law.aspx
post #110 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 09:40 AM

No idea how the Lemon Laws work, I just think it would be hard to get FCA to bite on a problem where: 1. There is no safety issue 2. The system in question works exactly how it is designed to work. Poorly designed, sounds like crap...but working properly!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page