2016 Beats Audio Disappointment THREAD [Update to fix now available] - Page 3 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 87Likes

post #21 of 421 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
In 2015 you got the 9 amplified speakers with subwoofer for 795 included with the popular equipment group, which includes various other things. Now the Popular equipment group is 595 and the Beats is 695 making the difference 495 (not 545 like I originally posted, but well more than 200). I don't recall seeing the 9 speaker option separate from the popular equipment group.

if you go to jeep.com and configure a new one either 2015 or 2016 this is where you get a more accurate price breakdown on what comes standard with what renegade model and what you have to order extra to have things such as leather seats. Kind of like, 2016 batman edition you cannot have leather as an option. Some renegade models require you to have popular equipment group such as limited and some don't. If you want leather seats in a trailhawk, you have to take trailhawk popular equipment group. I had a 2015 limited and popular equipment group was a standard option for limited models but speaker upgrade was extra cost. Easier to understand playing around on jeep.com and looking at dealers windows stickers on there as well. Sorry I'm off the topic of the radio...just trying to clarify the radio pricing

Last edited by jtownpen; 03-01-2016 at 03:23 PM. Reason: quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 421 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty42 View Post
In 2015 you got the 9 amplified speakers with subwoofer for 795 included with the popular equipment group, which includes various other things. Now the Popular equipment group is 595 and the Beats is 695 making the difference 495 (not 545 like I originally posted, but well more than 200). I don't recall seeing the 9 speaker option separate from the popular equipment group.

It was, I've got it. Msrp was 545 as stated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 421 (permalink) Old 03-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Also, anyone with this problem may want to consult a lemon law lawyer. I don't know that it is lemon worthy, but in some states you can go after them for selling you a vehicle materially different than advertised/described. If you paid for premium audio with a sub, and it sounds broken, it may be sufficient for them to claw back some cash.

I know this is possible in nj. Heck I've been told of a firm that does this pretty regularly with jeeps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 421 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Interesting. Maybe because once you add the popular equipment group, the 9 speaker option disappears from the next screen. So what I could have gotten in 2015 for $745 (795 came from edmunds) and included:
40 / 20 / 40 Rear Seat with Trunk Pass-Thru
9 Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer
A/C Auto Temperature Control with Dual Zone Control
Power 4-Way Driver Lumbar Adjust
Power 8-Way Driver Seat and Manual 4-Way Pass Seat

In 2016 this cost me 595 + the beats option of 695 and included:
40 / 20 / 40 Rear Seat with Trunk Pass-Thru
A/C Auto Temperature Control with Dual Zone Control
Power 4-Way Driver Lumbar Adjust
Power 8-Way Driver Seat and Manual 4-Way Pass Seat
Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror

As you can see, the 2016 popular equipment added only an auto-dimming mirror, so in essence, I paid $1290 in 2016 for the same thing I got for $745 (or $795) in 2015, except the Beats audio and Auto-dimming mirror seems to add almost $500 to the cost.

Leather seats come with premium package, not popular equipment. I only played around on jeep.com on the trailhawk. Now I see that without the popular equipment selected, you could add the 9 speaker for 495 in 2015, but what I was comparing my prices to was what I was getting in the popular equipment group in 2015 to what it costs to get those option in the 2016. That price seems to be more than what it was worth if I'm getting the exact same speakers but with the Beats logo on them. I have a problem with that, but will have to live with it now and have to see what it actually sounds like.
post #25 of 421 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Got my 2016 TH w/ beats this last weekend. I have read on these forums about how bad the beats was, but it's way worse than that. I took my Jeep into CarToys today and learned that FCA is doing the Mid/tweet in dash with Woofers only in doors on several new models, apparently someone deaf is in charge of speaker setups over there. But not only was the system misbalanced, it was horribly under powered. I drove it to the dealership and had a slue of salesman listing to the system, they all agreed it was bad, but could not really offer any solution.

I want a balanced system, which means mid/woof in doors. Only way to get that is with a new amp. So.... New amp, new speakers in dash(2) and doors(6) and the new amp will push 200w to the existing subwoofer. We will test it at that point and I will follow up. I am having the work done tomorrow.

-Dailach
post #26 of 421 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Looking forward to hearing how your new system sounds and details on what was installed. I too picked up my TH w/beats late last week and hate the sound...I have no idea what inspired them to set it up that way.

2016 Trailhawk 2.0 Diesel Black
post #27 of 421 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Dailach,

What amp are you getting and where are you putting it?

You're thinking that replacing the amp will allow for equal distribution of sound in each speaker? Not just base in the front doors, highs in the dash and mids in the rear doors?

I've replaced all speakers myself with kickers except for the sub in the trunk. I'm still getting the same distribution of sound and there's definitely not enough power. Definitely sounds better, more crisp and clear, but I still think it can be better...

Let me know and thanks.
post #28 of 421 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 08:57 PM

First Name: Mark
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I wonder if an amp from a 2015 model will plug right in? that would be sweet however it would cost a fortune I bet. I'm still disappointed. I'm against cutting and crimping wires in a new car.

2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
post #29 of 421 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I thought it was just me! I've been playing with the **** equalizer/fade ever since I got my Renegade! Prior to my 2016, I drove a 2006 Nissan Frontier with factory speakers in each door and two in the dash and I received a richer sound than what the "Premium" beats system offers. Just when I think I'm getting used to it, I get in my wife's 2015 Ford Explorer and the sound coming from the doors KILLS what's coming out of mine at 25/26 on the volume. Seems that 95% of my sound is trying to come from the dash.
26921 and CherBear like this.
post #30 of 421 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Update --

So, 2 days in shop, 1 week to order new parts, and 1 more day in shop, and Car Toys decided to return the Jeep back to factory and refund my money. They could not get the failure warning in the dash to go away.

however ...

After the 2nd day, they had the new amp connected to the factory speakers while I waited for parts to arrive. This is what I have to offer...
- The full range sound being pushed to the front door speakers sounder much better.
- The dash speakers were still a bit pitchy sometimes, depending on the song the highs seemed a bit too powerful.
- The new amp was a 300/200 amp. 300w shared for the main (L/R)speakers, and 200w for the subwoofer. The Sub sounded great with real power connected to it.
- To get the same volume (loudness) as the factory amp at 38, the new amp was at 22/23. So, roughly 2x the power.

Now that the factory stuff is back in, it just will not do. I will contact other Car Sterio Dealers and see what I can find.

-Daialch

Last edited by Dailach; 03-16-2016 at 06:47 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page