Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Amp hooked up to stock radio help.

16K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  ArcTeK_J 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what color the power supply wire to the radio is? I hooked up a amp to my stock radio but when I turn off my jeep the amp stays on. A friend told me I could integrate that wire so that way when I turn my jeep off so will the amp and vice versa turning it on. I've looked every where but haven't found anything online can anyone help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
On the rear of the uConnect 5.0 infotainment system made by Continental, on the large terminal block, the terminal labeled +30-44 has +12 when only when the radio is turned on. On my Jeep this terminal socket does not have wire servicing the plug, so a wire and narrow terminal interconnect can be inserted into this position. The other end would go your amp, like a powered subwoofer or audio amplifier, that can can use that voltage to signal a relay internal to the amp to turn on the main power from a primary wire, e.g. power from the battery. Some amps use the audio signal (either/or speaker level or line level) to make the power switch on, negating the need for this additional turn me on 'signal'. Pictures of this radio and the 'pin outs' label are on my web site at http://pub.lavachamber.com

#6 ·
radio label

The 30 44 is on the radio label.

Attachments

#8 ·
other radio

I have not seen behind the other radios, sorry.

#10 ·
I checked with a voltmeter. On mine pin 44 generates a constant 12v even with the radio off. I put wire on pin 41 and I got 12v but only with the radio on so I'll use this when I decide on the equipment. Replaced my cabin air filter while I was in the mood to take things apart...hahaha. Thanks for the assistance again!

#11 ·
I got a 2015 jeep renegade latitude and my radio sound knob went bad. So I decide to replace it with a cheap Chinese android radio. It all works but the sound is super ...super low. I'm thinking the stock amp is not on and is causing the low sound. The head unit has a "amp" wire should I plug that wire to the mentioned +30-44 pin? Would this turn the amp on? Or is there another pin on the main radio harness?
Please help.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.