Join Date: May 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
OK, from all the evidence in posts to this forum, it seems that there are numerous different 2016 versions (all begin with 16). So they are obviously customised for different markets and different models, and perhaps even for subtle build variations.
My recent 16.02.34 update hasn't fixed everything. Actually I don't know for certain whether it's fixed ANYTHONG, but certain things haven't re-occurred yet so there's hope. Here are some of the (fairly trivial) problems that I had -
* Audio equalisation (tone) controls have no effect (NOT fixed by update).
* Radio occasionally loses its preset stations (possibly only on AM band).
* English language selection occasionally reverts to Italian and has to be reset.
* Reversing camera loses its guide-lines and has to be reset.
* The Radio-on function (comes on with the engine, doesn't come on with the engine, or remembers the most-recent switch-off status) is irrational. I haven't figured out the pattern of the unpredictable behaviour. (NOT fixed by update)
* The park-sense inhibit switch will not extinguish its red light when pressed above the parksense-threshold speed. However, despite the lamp remaining on until the car slows down, the function is actually toggling between off and on with each press. For example, one press and it's back on (even though it doesn't indicate that). Two presses and it's off. Three presses and it's on. You can only know which way it is when you slow down to parking speed. It's a nuisance, and also could be dangerous if you think it's on but it is not. (NOT fixed by update)
Has anyone else got these issues? JeepCare, do you know about these problems? More to the point, does Jeep care?