post #21 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 09:45 AM

First Name: Jen
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmercier View Post
I am in the process of buying Renegade Latitude and I wanted to know what the off-roading capabilities on the car are. I know they won't be as good as the TH, but I want to know to what extremes can I take the Latitude. My dealer didn't have any TH and I needed to replace my current car. I'm not looking to do extreme off-roading, but I wanted to know if I could take it on trails and be fine.
This is my first Jeep so I'm new to all this. Thanks everyone!
Go for it OP, you'll be plenty happy with what this machine can do for what it's intended for. Many of us have proven it around the board with pictures, videos, etc.

Cheers!
Jeep Jon likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmom View Post
ThankkkkYouuuuu!!

Cheers!
I did. I gave an opinion of what the Latitude can do, which isn't much, relatively speaking.
post #23 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I know the capabilities will be ever bigger after hearing this news!
http://www.musclecarszone.com/fiat-chrysler-group/

post #24 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Renegade Latitude off-road capabilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77cherokee View Post
I did. I gave an opinion of what the Latitude can do, which isn't much, relatively speaking.

As jeepmom has said, there is proof of what the Jeep can do.

Do you have anything, besides your opinion of what you think the specs can handle, to prove what it can't do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mad trapper and Jeep Jon like this.

Last edited by Opus51569; 07-30-2016 at 11:02 AM.
post #25 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post
As jeepmom has said, there is proof of what the Jeep can do.

Do you have anything, besides your opinion, to prove what it can't do in regards to the OP's question?

You will note that my biggest concern with the non-Trailhawk Renegades is the lack of a spare tire. Anyone who goes offroading without a spare is just dumb.

Since you asked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTQHet1G5ic
post #26 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
You will note that my biggest concern with the non-Trailhawk Renegades is the lack of a spare tire. Anyone who goes offroading without a spare is just dumb.

Since you asked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTQHet1G5ic

Seriously? That's your biggest concern? The lack of a spare tire doesn't mean the vehicle is incapable. By that logic, a Rubicon isn't an off-road vehicle because it doesn't come standard with a winch and tow straps.

The video compares the Renegade to two JKs and if you watch it closely you'll see the problem isn't with the Renegade, it's with the driver.

Anything else?

mad trapper and Jeep Jon like this.
post #27 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Seriously? That's your biggest concern? The lack of a spare tire doesn't mean the vehicle is incapable. By that logic, a Rubicon isn't an off-road vehicle because it doesn't come standard with a winch and tow straps.

The video compares the Renegade to two JKs and if you watch it closely you'll see the problem isn't with the Renegade, it's with the driver.

Anything else?

Without a spare tire, I won't even take a Wrangler Rubicon off road. All the capability in the world isn't for s#&t when your stranded due to a torn sidewall (and I have had torn sidewalls). If you don't understand this, please do us a favor and stick to paved streets. That way we won't have to come rescue your a$$ due to you being dumb.

As for the video, I can assure you it was not the driver. With no power (due to traction control) and no articulation, the Renegade isn't going far up that hill. And I have been up that hill three times.

Here is an easier trail. Notice that the Renegade needed to be pushed up an easy little rock due to lack of power. The driver is very experienced off road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gthrdNtQuJQ

Last edited by 27665; 07-30-2016 at 11:36 AM.
post #28 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 12:27 PM

Renegade Latitude off-road capabilities

Quote:
Without a spare tire, I won't even take a Wrangler Rubicon off road. All the capability in the world isn't for s#&t when your stranded due to a torn sidewall (and I have had torn sidewalls). If you don't understand this, please do us a favor and stick to paved streets. That way we won't have to come rescue your a$$ due to you being dumb.

As for the video, I can assure you it was not the driver. With no power (due to traction control) and no articulation, the Renegade isn't going far up that hill. And I have been up that hill three times.

Here is an easier trail. Notice that the Renegade needed to be pushed up an easy little rock due to lack of power. The driver is very experienced off road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gthrdNtQuJQ

1.) You keep equating standard equipment with capability. You think the Latitude needs a spare? Great. Buy one. The lack of a spare doesn't mean the vehicle is incapable of going off road, as has been shown.
2.) You're oddly obsessed with sidewall punctures and given the number you seem to have had... ever think maybe you're doing something wrong? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Just a thought.
3.) As for the video it was absolutely the driver. He picks a bad line. He powers wrong. But most telling is the fact that he gives up at the first sign of an issue. He... like you... seems more intent on trying to show what the vehicle can't do, so he can move on to the JKs.
4.) With your next video, it shows the Renegade to be "surprisingly capable". Given what the OP asks, this "proof" actually shows just how good the Renegade is on trails.

I've enjoyed this little debate, but you're at a point now where you're just proving yourself wrong so you don't need me for that. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go drive some paved streets and not call your dumb a$$ when I don't get stuck... or whatever you said.

mad trapper likes this.

Last edited by Opus51569; 07-30-2016 at 12:36 PM.
post #29 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
1.) You keep equating standard equipment with capability. You think the Latitude needs a spare? Great. Buy one. The lack of a spare doesn't mean the vehicle is incapable of going off road, as has been shown.
2.) You're oddly obsessed with sidewall punctures and given the number you seem to have had... ever think maybe you're doing something wrong? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Just a thought.
3.) As for the video it was absolutely the driver. He picks a bad line. He powers wrong. But most telling is the fact that he gives up at the first sign of an issue. He... like you... seems more intent on trying to show what the vehicle can't do, so he can move on to the JKs.
4.) With your next video, it shows the Renegade to be "surprisingly capable". Given what the OP asks, this "proof" actually shows just how good the Renegade is on trails.

I've enjoyed this little debate, but you're at a point now where you're just proving yourself wrong so you don't need me for that. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go drive some paved streets and not call your dumb a$$ when I don't get stuck... or whatever you said.

You are the one equating a spare tire with capability. I am talking being able to get home. If there are doubts about getting back, shouldn't be going out to begin with.
I have had three torn sidewalls because I actually wheel my Jeep. I am not talking dirt roads, but real off road trails with large, sharp rocks, and tree roots.

Andre made three attempts to go furthur. You in no way shape or form could do better. I am very familiar with that trail where you don't know squat.

Black bear, technically speaking, is an easy trail.

So all in all, you are the one who doesn't know what you are talking about as you don't have any proof of the Renegades capability. And I do.

Last edited by 27665; 07-30-2016 at 01:06 PM.
post #30 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

First Name: Kevin
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Garage
I get that there will be difference of opinions, but I can see where this is going.

If anybody wants to carry this on, then please do it via pm.

I will close this thread.
CherBear likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Enjoying my Renegade Longitude 1.4 turbo. Order one, you know you want to.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page