Having Rock Mode as a Safety vs Regular Use - Page 2 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 6Likes

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 04:08 PM

First Name: Chris
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I bought my TH for the fact that I am new to off-roading but am trying to get into it and go at the very least ~15 times a year.

I mainly bought the TH because I'll have the capability to do heavy duty off-roading if and when I do decide to get more heavy into the activity, but it's still my primary form of transportation.

All in all, I would say your reasoning seems like a good fit for buying the TH if it's what you want. Like you said, it'll give you the opportunity to explore more heavy into offroading than if you do decide to get a latitude, but if you are tight on money, maybe a 30k vehicle isn't the best option.

2016 Trail Hawk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2016, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
"I mainly bought the TH because I'll have the capability to do heavy duty off-roading..."

Not!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2016, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

First Name: Kevin
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77cherokee View Post
"I mainly bought the TH because I'll have the capability to do heavy duty off-roading..."

Not!
From I have seen and read about the Trailhawk, I would say that it is more of an AWD like the Volvo XC60 say rather than 4WD like what it is classed as. Moral is that if you want to do the heavy duty off roading, buy a Wrangler or similar. Don't get me wrong, I love the Renegade and I know mine is FWD and I know what it can and can't do. The same should be applied to the 4x4 Renegades, know what they can and can't do. If anybody seriously thinks that the 4x4 Renegades, especially the Trailhawk, can do everything that a 'true' 4x4 can, they are gonna come unstuck. I'm not bashing the Trailhawk as it is still capable off the blacktop and fine for what the majority buy it for, just don't expect it to do what it can't.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Enjoying my Renegade Longitude 1.4 turbo. Order one, you know you want to.....

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I recently purchased a 2016 Trailhawk for my daughter as her first vehicle. I have a very capable JK Wrangler of my own and my daughter loves off roading with me and I got her the Trailhawk because it is a capable off road vehicle, definitely not a Jeep Wrangler but that's not what its trying to be. It is a good looking and great entry vehicle for mild off roading, and it still has lots of great features and fuel economy, plus it is great for a young student driver who still wants to off road as well. I added some 225 65 17 BF Goodrich AT KO 2 tires and I think it can handle a lot more than most young or entry level off road drivers will attempt. And the final reason I chose the Renegade is that with the current rebates and great discount it'll be very difficult to find a brand new off road vehicle at a better price than the $24k that I paid.
Oggy likes this.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 04:32 PM

First Name: Paul
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
The skid plates, higher clearance, greater entry and breakover angles (best in class) and the fact it comes with nice stuff as standard really sold it for me. I've done mild off-road tracks where 4WD Lock and the better approach angles meant I went further than I would have in a FWD or Rene with standard ride height and bumpers. There is a reason Jeep call it trail-rated ... it will go places other Renes won't.

All that said it won't do what a wrangler does!
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:08 PM

First Name: jeremiah
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
that was nothing my driveway is touger than that!

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page