Had some fun at Hungry Valley (Gorman, CA). - Jeep Renegade Forum
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By Numl0k

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Had some fun at Hungry Valley (Gorman, CA).

I went to Hungry Valley this past weekend and had an absolute blast! I'd highly recommend it. There is a large obstacle course section to test out your capabilities, and once you're feeling comfortable, you can hit any of the miles upon miles of trails. The obstacle course has mud pits, large rocky climbs, large smooth sandy climbs, a frame twister course, and many others. The trails range from easy to black diamond. Such a huge variety, there's something for everyone. Huge variety of vehicles out there, too. Everything from super tricked out Wranglers that probably have six-figures invested in them, all the way down to a family in a Lexus SUV. Didn't see any other Renegades, but I made sure to show everyone what we can do, and I got some looks and comments.

I finally met my match on one of the black diamond trails. There was an optional offshoot with a snowy hill with a bunch of tree roots. I took too long finding my line and babying the pedal, and when I finally got right next to the top I started losing power and my Renegade started yelling at me about a transmission fluid heat warning. Turns out I maxed the gauge (And probably beyond.). When I revered down the hill and tried to drive, my Renegade was completely unresponsive. I popped the hood and let it cool down for a solid 20 minutes (Luckily it was about 35 degrees outside instead of 105 ). I got it down to 3/4 of the gauge and it started moving along just fine, and even tackled a couple other tricky sections like a champ. I'll probably be installing a dedicated transmission cooler to avoid this in the future.

Anyway, here's an album with a few fun shots from my trip. I hope you guys had as dirty of a weekend as I had

http://imgur.com/a/JWjIO
Pat, CoastalToaster and elf883 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 08:45 PM

First Name: Steve
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Garage
great photos thanks for the ride along !!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 08:47 PM
JFS

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Great post. Felt like I was there.

Jon
2015 Sport manual, Air and Power packages, added OEM snowflakes and roof rails.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page