Suspension Connection - Jeep Renegade Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Suspension Connection

Use these people AT YOUR OWN RISK. I've been trying for over a month to get a set of Bilstein 5100's from these folks, and the order was "damaged" in transit by UPS. The 3 struts I got were in boxes literally falling apart, but I can't find any apparent damage on them other than bent brake mounting tabs and missing shock bands.. The 4th strut was evidently damaged enough in transit according to UPS, that they stopped delivery at the first sort facility. I've been waiting over 3 weeks and Suspension Connection said the 4th strut was special ordered, and would ship last Thursday. It didn't ship until Monday, and I just got it tonight. The strut was loose in a brown box, unlike the others that were shipped in Bilstein boxes that were falling apart. Only one strut had the plastic band on it that is there to hold them from extending in transit.

The strut we just got has the mounting tabs bent on the lower strut, and there are nicks on the upper shaft, because, get this, someone at the shipping location dropped a loose 6" long 1" diameter hex head bolt loose in the box. Folks, this is an attitude of someone that is a complete prick at whoever is drop shipping this stuff. Since this strut is just loose in a plain box with no Bilstein packaging on it, it would not surprise me if this is in fact the damaged strut returned to the original shipper by UPS. Then some jerk decided he was going to be billy badass and throw a big bolt in loose and ship it. The bolt weighs about 2 lbs and tore the strut up.

I'm calling them Monday, and I'm going to return all 4. This is an attitude I'm completely unwilling to deal with. This is crap merchandise packaging and shipping, willfully done with intent to harm the parts.

Here's some pics (hope they work).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001 (720x1280).jpg
Views:	34
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	2396344381   Click image for larger version

Name:	002 (1280x720).jpg
Views:	34
Size:	402.0 KB
ID:	2396344383   Click image for larger version

Name:	004 (1280x720).jpg
Views:	30
Size:	428.0 KB
ID:	2396344385   Click image for larger version

Name:	005 (1280x720).jpg
Views:	30
Size:	345.7 KB
ID:	2396344387   Click image for larger version

Name:	006 (1280x720).jpg
Views:	28
Size:	466.1 KB
ID:	2396344389  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Update to the story. Suspension Connection didn't ship the parts, it was drop shipped. They're going to take the stuff back and work it out with their vendor. They apologized, they have the pictures and they want to get to the bottom of it. This has gone on for 5 weeks though, so I was not real impressed. The original Bilstein boxes for the other 3 struts were very beat up in transit, being held together with tape patches probably put on by UPS to keep the boxes in the same zip code. UPS will be picking them up from the house and hauling them off.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Update for 8/12/19. Still no refund credit, no further communication since they said they'd issue a refund. It's been 2 weeks since the struts were picked up. 10 business days since the struts were shipped and they said they'd issue me a credit, but that it might take "5-10 business days."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Update 8/14/19. Was emailed later in the afternoon 8/12/19 saying they were "sending this to accounting for immediate refund." Nothing as of now, 8/14/19 2PM. This was already supposed to have had a refund issued as of 7/30/19.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
Call your credit card company and see what they can do for you. Since it is past 30 days it may be nothing, but it is worth a shot.

I know I have gotten amex to contact vendors via their account contacts to get them to push the refund button rather than have amex do a charge back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page