3Likes
  • 1 Post By Maverick365
  • 2 Post By Shots

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
1.5 or 2 inch lift?

I will be lifting my 2016 trailhawk, but torn between the 1.5" lift or the 2" lift. I hear good things on the daystar and teraflex 1.5" lift. But fear the 2" lift is too much stress on the renegade and if it's even worth it. Like most us my renegade will be on the road most of the time but I do go to jeep camps near me a general light to moderate offroading when I'm up north but nothing major. What do you recommend. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I think it's personal preference. I have the 2" and felt good about it because it came with all the parts needed to lower brake lines, exhaust hangers and drive shaft to reduce stress. Just went in for my 10k mile check up ( lift has been on for 6k) and so far so good. No noticeable reduction in gas mileage. I was able to comfortably fit a 29" tire without pinch seam mod, but I did have to run spacers since tires are 10" wide. After bugger tires, gas mileage dropped about 3mpg.

Last edited by AriDeo; 05-12-2018 at 02:20 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriDeo View Post
I think it's personal preference. I have the 2" and felt good about it because it came with all the parts needed to lower brake lines, exhaust hangers and drive shaft to reduce stress. Just went in for my 10k mile check up ( lift has been on for 6k) and so far so good. No noticeable reduction in gas mileage. I was able to comfortably fit a 29" tire without pinch seam mod, but I did have to run spacers since tires are 10" wide. After bugger tires, gas mileage dropped about 3mpg.
What size are your spacers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 06:56 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Just my .02...
I'd stick with a 1.5". I actually will be doing an Avid 1.5" down the road (I like it's simplicity, and the fact that you actually gain the whole lift where as others drop the rear subframe down thus negating some of the lift).
The issue is the Renegades wheel well opening. Going the extra .5" won't gain you anything as far as tire clearance (due to wheel well opening shape), so IMHO it's not worth the extra trouble.
i86hotdogs likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 11:31 AM
vBToucan.com Vendor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLEFOOT View Post
I will be lifting my 2016 trailhawk, but torn between the 1.5" lift or the 2" lift. I hear good things on the daystar and teraflex 1.5" lift. But fear the 2" lift is too much stress on the renegade and if it's even worth it. Like most us my renegade will be on the road most of the time but I do go to jeep camps near me a general light to moderate offroading when I'm up north but nothing major. What do you recommend. Thank you
We actually have a 2" kit from ATP that does wonders for the renegade and you can combine it with a new set of springs to change it to a 4" lift.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for a large selection of Jeep Renegade Parts and Accessories in stock at the lowest prices.

We service, customize and modify!
Give us a call (Toll Free) 888-993-7552 or 562-981-6800.
Email us: To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" target="_blank">[email protected]
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I did a 1.5" Daystar kit on my wife's Renegade. After alignment it works out to 1.75". As AriDeo mentioned, I also liked that it relocated the drive line to prevent any stress. We don't off-road so I didn't need the extra ground clearance. This was more of an aesthetic mod than anything so I wanted the kit that would maintain factory ride and angles.

That said. There are a few tips if you go with that kit (I made a thread) which will save you some time/effort. Overall very happy with the Daystar kit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7-12-18 1 resize.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	2396341881   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180712_165936 resize.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	663.8 KB
ID:	2396341883  
dgr401 and GuillouK like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog, Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog.
I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.

We sacrifice so that others may live in peace and security.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 10:45 PM

First Name: Dennis
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Garage
Shots -that is a nice looking Renegade!

2015 Renegade Latitude - Sierra Blue
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Thanks.

The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog, Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog.
I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.

We sacrifice so that others may live in peace and security.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page