What catastrophic clutch failure looks like - Page 23 - Jeep Renegade Forum
 130Likes

post #221 of 227 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I beg to differ. FCA advertises this truck to be a capable off road trail rated blah blah blah vehicle. FCAs own promotional material displays this truck being driven in adverse conditions off road. Shadows case is a spit in the ocean for FCA. They will pay. IMHO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 227 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 05:51 PM
JFS

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Well, whats the word so far?

Jon
2015 white Sport 4x4 M6, Air and Power packages, added Renegade 17 snowflakes and roof rails.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #223 of 227 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 04:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Well I just read this entire thread and had some thoughts. First, it's unfortunate that this happened originally. I have a sport 4x4 with the same power plant and have smelled the clutch a couple times already with mild off road attempts and less than 5000 miles...

I hope you get what's right out of the suit. It sounds like you have a decent case.

To the recent posts about whether the manual should be off road or not, and gear ratios and crawl ratios, etc. I've had serious struggles not stalling or burning the clutch trying to conquer such simple items as steep hills. Not even off road, just steep grades from a dead stop. Also trying to crawl over a fallen log, a planter curb in a parking lot, and a small sandy hill near the beach, have all been impossible without backing away and then hitting it with some momentum and the clutch already engaged and "popping" up and over them. There is a reason only the trailhawk is marked as trail rated by jeep.

It is a bit misleading for Jeep to show Renegades offroading in commercials and talking about most capable when not all of the trims and power plants are equal. I'll say this, my next Jeep will either be a Cherokee TH or a wrangler. I've always driven manuals so I'd lean towards a wrangler but I've really enjoyed my rides and time behind the wheel in a CTH.

Hope you get the buyback or the whole check covered, if my clutch goes in similar use to what I've come to realize is off eading within my vehicle's limit, I certainly won't wait months if my dealer tries telling me it's not covered by warranty. Good luck

Last edited by andyoconnor83; 03-03-2017 at 04:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #224 of 227 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyoconnor83 View Post
Well I just read this entire thread and had some thoughts. First, it's unfortunate that this happened originally. I have a sport 4x4 with the same power plant and have smelled the clutch a couple times already with mild off road attempts and less than 5000 miles...

I hope you get what's right out of the suit. It sounds like you have a decent case.

To the recent posts about whether the manual should be off road or not, and gear ratios and crawl ratios, etc. I've had serious struggles not stalling or burning the clutch trying to conquer such simple items as steep hills. Not even off road, just steep grades from a dead stop. Also trying to crawl over a fallen log, a planter curb in a parking lot, and a small sandy hill near the beach, have all been impossible without backing away and then hitting it with some momentum and the clutch already engaged and "popping" up and over them. There is a reason only the trailhawk is marked as trail rated by jeep.

It is a bit misleading for Jeep to show Renegades offroading in commercials and talking about most capable when not all of the trims and power plants are equal. I'll say this, my next Jeep will either be a Cherokee TH or a wrangler. I've always driven manuals so I'd lean towards a wrangler but I've really enjoyed my rides and time behind the wheel in a CTH.

Hope you get the buyback or the whole check covered, if my clutch goes in similar use to what I've come to realize is off eading within my vehicle's limit, I certainly won't wait months if my dealer tries telling me it's not covered by warranty. Good luck
If it fails, I hope its within a year of ownership. Lemon Law is only good for the 1st year.
post #225 of 227 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Jeep View Post
Sorry Shaggy, I think you are going to lose this one. I think it was a big mistake to post so much information on this forum, it's all open now for discovery. That was silly of you. If it goes to trial, the FCA attorney is going to have a fun time with you. The attorney will be able to use your own words to peg you as an abuser of the vehicle. The attorney will have you whimpering and begging to get off that stand. They may throw you a Scooby snack, but you will be on the hook for the repairs. Sorry pal, you overplayed your hand. My advice is to get that Jeep out of the dealer lot and stop that $35/day storage fee.
Looks like Shaggy took your advice, no updates recently.
post #226 of 227 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I can't BELIEVE I read this whole entire thread and this guy just up and leaves us hanging?! Talk about a cliffhanger LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #227 of 227 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Agreed!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Renegade Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page